Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

With thanks to the SS

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ewelsh, Dec 27, 2020.

1. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Santa Stanley and Ollie elf would like to thank all the SS for taking part, in this years secret Santa. You all followed the rules perfectly ( we won’t mention courier mishaps :rolleyes: poor @Mrs Funkin ) the gifts and handmade gifts were amazing, so much effort went into them all, clues brilliant, the jokes were such fun, perfect photos and most importantly the cats enjoyed themselves, probably more than we slaves did.

Well done everyone! :D We will find a worthy cat charity to donate the funds to in the New year!

I would like the thank my partner in crime Ollie Elf aka @Charity It would not have been so organised without her. She has the patience of a saint ( if you all only knew the amount of emails and messages and sleepless nights that took place :Hilarious)

what a success :D thank you all it has been such fun, in what was a very strange year!

C3F63291-2D64-48BF-A4F1-2B163C06636F.jpeg

That’s all folks :D

2. Emmasian

Emmasian Mother of Pumpkins

Thanks so much to you and @Charity for stepping into the lovely @huckybuck's snow boots and organising the whole shebang. It really has become a highlight of Christmas which is why I end up waiting till Boxing day at least every year as it means I can spend hours of quality time watching the Pumpkin Pussycat Posse maim, murder, munch, and ultimately conk out.

Despite Covid we still managed it, and I am so proud of us xxx

3. Jojomomo

Jojomomo PetForums Member

Thank you so much to Stanley and Ollie for organising! This was my first SS and I have loved it! Will definitely be partaking again xxx

4. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

Yes, echoing what @Emmasian has said - thank you both for organising it. There was a moment where I thought there would be no secret Santa this year - and I am really pleased there was.

Not only was it fun doing all the shopping and making, but it was great fun receiving our gifts and lots of fun seeing all the participants opening theirs.

Here's to 2021 and the next secret Santa!!

5. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums VIP

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole process... reading the likes and dislikes, stalking, shopping, making and sticking to budget!

seeing all the cats open their presents is this icing on the cake!!

Thank you so much for organising and to everyone for taking part

Hannah

Psygon, Charity and Jojomomo like this.
  6. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Can I just second what Santa Stanley has said, thank you to everyone who took part for your kindness and generosity and making it such fun. Santa and I were both a bit nervous to begin with as such a lot to live up to with previous Secret Santas but we both enjoyed it (she's a great boss and didn't nag too much ;)), and, yes, a bit of worry here and there, especially with deliveries. We hope you all enjoyed it, especially the newbies to SS, and will come again next year. Personally, for me, its definitely been one, if not the highlight of a very scary, sad year and has brought lots of fun and laughter. I'd also like to say what a great support all the Cat Chat folks have been to each other throughout the year in these trying times. Hopefully sometime in 2021 will be much much better.

Right, Santa's off for a well earned kip and I'm just going to close down the toy factory until next year and put the reindeer out to graze..

Bye for now
    Chief Elf Charity XX

7. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

Agreed. Many thanks to Santa Stanley and chief elf Ollie. I know these things take an awful lot of behind the scenes work - you are the swans of cat chat. It’s been a lot of fun.

ewelsh, Charity, Psygon and 1 other person like this.
  8. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Thank you so much Santa and Elfie :)

I must say, I rather enjoyed having to really be a mega stalker when it came to our recipient as she didn't know she was a recipient, so lots of stalking to find out the things that were popular in the @ebonycat household. That was great fun. The least fun was when I was all organised, was the first to courier my parcel, then I came home from work one night a few days later to see it back on the kitchen table. After much wrangling it transpired it had become mixed up (they think!) with a bulk delivery, who didn't know what to do with it so it was simply returned to me. I then had a ten day fight to get it sorted that I wouldn't have to pay again for the courier (that really bugged me!). I was at this point even more glad that I'd started the sending process early!

Of course, receiving gifts was totally unexpected, as that was the caveat I set, that I wanted to do something for someone but that we didn't needed anything...but Santa @ewelsh sent us lovely gifts, which was so generous of her. I actually really liked having the budget this year - and I cheated with some Slave gifts as E has had such a trying year health wise, I wanted to cheer her up. I know Santa and the Chief Elf wouldn't mind that.

I do love the opening thread, such fun seeing the kitties going mad for their gifts. Of course, I had ratties and a Lady Dog too, so that was a new aisle to visit in a well known pet shop :) Who knew that the miniature beds for gerbils etc. are so darn cute!

Let's hope that 2021 brings us a little more normality. Thanks again to everyone who took part for making it such fun.

Love from Mrs F and Oscar Woo xx

popcornsmum, Cully, Ali71 and 6 others like this.
  9. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

I also sort of liked having the budget - tho I did end up having to buy some things in bulk to stay in budget :Hilarious just as well the tonks liked the things that I did that for :Hilarious:Hilarious:Hilarious

It also made me think more about the hand made things.

I did miss not having slave gifts to think about tho, but it was also good just spending all the budget on cats!

Charity and ewelsh like this.
  10. GingerNinja

GingerNinja PetForums VIP

Even though I did not take part the opening thread is the highlight of my Christmas, as usual!

Well done Santa and chief elf xx

Ali71, ewelsh, Psygon and 2 others like this.
  11. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

I want to say an extra special thank you to Santa & Chef Elf for including me in this years Secret Santa, especially to @Mrs Funkin for being my Secret Santa.
    Sorry you had so much trouble sending my parcel.
    You made a very tough few weeks (a very tough year!!) easier to get through.

All of you, I can’t begin to say how much you all mean to me.
    When I’ve been at breaking point you’ve been here for me.
    When I’ve become too exhausted to fight, you’ve been here for me.
    And you continue to support me & show me so much love & kindness.
    From the bottom of my heart thank you xx

Treaclesmum, Cully, Jojomomo and 5 others like this.
  12. Bethanjane22

Bethanjane22 PetForums Senior

Thank you so much both for organizing! It was lovely to take part this year, so thanks for including me :Cat I’m looking forward to more CC Secret Santa’s in the future.

Special thanks to our secret Santa @Emmasian who did such a great job of choosing gifts that my girls absolutely love! The puzzle and the stinky rat are a big hit!

It was so much fun and really did bring a dose of much needed festive fun. Thanks again @ewelsh & @Charity for organizing it x

ebonycat, ewelsh, Jojomomo and 3 others like this.
  13. Hammystar

Hammystar PetForums Member

A huge thank you from me and the boys too for letting me join this year. I especially enjoyed the stalking and trying to replicate fish fish (I even emailed P@H to see of they had any old stock!!) I think my friends thought I was mad but it gave me something to focus on. Given that I couldn't go home or see my partner it also meant the boys and I had gifts to open Christmas morning which was really special and completely made Christmas for me. The stockings will be put away and hung up next Christmas Eve just like I used to do when I was a kid.

Next year I need to be more adventurous with my handmade toys (@ewelsh set the bar very high) and think up a better clue!

Thank you again @Charity and @ewelsh for your hard work and organisation.

Xx

popcornsmum, ebonycat, ewelsh and 3 others like this.
  14. Emmasian

Emmasian Mother of Pumpkins

So glad your beautiful girls are enjoying themselves. I might get a similar puzzle board for Freya. We have have two of the stinky rats and they are both looking like roadkill:Hilarious:Hilarious

ewelsh and Charity like this.
  15. popcornsmum

popcornsmum Popcorn relaxing!

Omg that is just adorable! Bless your heart! It was all so wonderful and new fish fish sits next to old fish fish! And honestly it was just brilliant thank you! She loves her new blanket!
    IMG-20201228-WA0007.jpg

16. popcornsmum

popcornsmum Popcorn relaxing!

Thank you SO much @Charity and @ewelsh for all your organisation and skills! We really appreciate your hard work! Xxx

ewelsh and Charity like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice