Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wispa comes home

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by sharonbee, Sep 6, 2013.

1. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

We collected Wispa from her boyfriend yesterday, she was worn out bless her, she must have been 'at it' from the minute we left her to the minute we picked her up, we know she was very demanding of the poor boy and even kept the neighbours awake lol, she slept all the way home from Bolton to Swadlincote not stirring until we got inside our home, she slept all night too.
    She is much more livelier today, hopefully we will have some beautiful babies around the 7th of November. :)

2. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

Looking forward to more beautiful babies Sharon! :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

3. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed for pink bits in a few weeks

4. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Oooooo what are you expecting??? :001_tt1:

5. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

We could have either/or/and ...
    Boys....
    Seal Point Siamese
    Chocolate Point Siamese
    Havana
    Black Orientals

Girls...
    Black Tortie Orientals
    Chocolate Tortie Orientals
    Seal Tortie Point Siamese
    Chocolate Tortie Point Siamese

She seems to know what is happening, I think she remembers from her first litter, last time late in pregnancy she emptied the cupboard in her room every day and pulled out all the towels and cloths used for the cats and cleaning their room, I thought at the time she was finding a nest but since returning home she has started this same ritual, she must know she did this before but unfortunately she is doing it at the beginning of her pregnancy rather than the end. Must put a lock on that cupboard door!

6. Cosmills

Cosmills PetForums VIP

Bless her... Was her last litter the valentine litter ???

#6 Cosmills, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Keeping everything crossed for a beautiful litter from Wispa :)

8. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

Congratulations, looking forward to pictures of your beautiful kittens.

9. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

Yes her last litter was The Valentines Litter, we put her on ovarid for a while but since then she has had quite a few calls so we decided as she is fit and healthy it was kinder and safer to put her back to stud. Originally we were going to wait another couple of months but we didn't want to risk a pyo etc.

10. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Dirty girl! :w00t:

Hope she has a healthy and safe pregnancy and kindling.

How many did she have in her previous litter?

And - what's the difference between Siamese and Orientals? As an cat-ignorant dog lady, I thought that they were two different breeds, but you are obviously expecting both 'types' from the same litter. Is it something to do with the markings?

#10 lostbear, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  11. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Siamese have a pale body and blue eyes - it's a form of partial albinoism. Orientals are the same colour all over with green eyes, except for the Foreign White which is a siamese painted white so has blue eyes. Don't get me going on why they are in the Oriental section!

Litters with both a quite common where one or both of the parents is an Oriental. Two Siamese will only every have Siamese.

12. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

She had five kittens in her first litter, all tabby orientals.
    Orientals and Siamese are the same family so can be mated with each other, Siamese are pointed and have blue eyes, Orientals have green eyes and are fully coloured, they can be solid, tabby, tortie, bi coloured etc.
    Havanas are chocolate coloured Orientals, Foreign Whites are the same as a white oriental except they have blue eyes, all these can be mated together although it isn't advisable to put two white together. You can get both types in a litter.

13. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

Oriental Slave...you type quicker than me lol, you are also better at explaining too :)

14. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Oooooooo that is going to be a very nice litter!!! :001_tt1: I cant wait to get my chocolate carrying girl, really want to produce chocolate & lilac torties, lynx & torbies! :001_tt1: yummy! Oooo as yours both carry chocolate you may get lilacs to!!

Ahh I agree I really think they 'know' 2nd time round, as on the first litters I notice mine don't really hiss at the others, but 2nd time round they hiss a lot earlier on if they are feeling grumpy, its like they know what is going to happen! :huh:

15. Cosmills

Cosmills PetForums VIP

I thought you had her on ovarid ... My rubes has a month left on it then hoping to mate her November time ...

16. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

All the best getting your chocolate carrying girl, I love the lilac torties too. hope you manage to produce lilac torties, they will be beautiful. I thought we would get some lilacs in this mating but the owner of the stud says we wont get lilacs or blues with this mating.

They do know don't they...We know Wispa is already pregnant before she pinks up or gains weight as she has become very affectionate since returning from stud, she can't get enough cuddles, prior to going to stud all she wanted to do was chase around and play with the others.:)

17. OrientalSlave

Does he not carry dilute?

18. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

I am pretty sure the stud owner said he doesn't carry dilute which I think is the reason we wont get lilacs.

19. OrientalSlave

A shame from my point of view, and yours I think!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice