Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

wish id got to docs sooner

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bichonsrus, Jul 21, 2009.

1. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

A couple of months ago i made an appointment at my docs cos i had real bad problems with my foot, i then cancelled the appointment as someone wanted to come see one of the pups. Well i left it and left it until i finally had to go back as i have been in so much pain with it. Been told the ligaments in my heel are being ripped from the heel bone, wondered what the pain was lol, and i need to rest it (yes right kids on school holidays!) and been given anti-inflamitries, if it doesnt improve i need an injection in my foot (ouchy!) Dont know if i can make it better as ive been resting it all i can and it still worse, soooo dont want the injection so keep your fingers crossed for me wont you! Im gonna borrow a walking stick off my sister in law see if that help too.

2. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Ouchie! I do hope your foot heals quickly. However ligament damage can take anything between 6-12 weeks to heal. Looks like you're in for a long haul :(

(((((hugs)))))

3. finoni9

finoni9 PetForums VIP

Hoping it gets better very very very soon!

4. bichonsrus

oh no dont tell me that :( ive had it for about three months already wondered why i had so many tablets :(:mad:

5. bichonsrus

fank you :)

6. animallover111

Hope you get your foot sorted.......i have to have steroid injections in my foot every six months and its not nice......:(

7. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Hope you get it sorted soon - without the injection !:);)xx

8. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I hope it all gets better soon for you!

9. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

Ouch my dad walked around for 3 months with a torn achelies tendon in his leg.

10. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ouch! good luck for a speedy recovery.

the good thing is....its very commonly done, so treatment is good :)
    REST!! otherwise you will be having an injection.

11. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Take the injection hun.better to suffer for a few hrs rather than weeks..Hope you feel better really soon..;)

12. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Think I agree with Ash - if the injection is going to make it better or hurt less, I'd rather have a quick blast of pain for longer term gain - not a nice choice either way :(. Are your kids old enough to wait on you seeing as they're off ;) then you could rest it in style! Hope it gets better soon x

13. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

hope your feeling better soon and can at least get a bit of rest.

14. bichonsrus

Thanks for all the replies guys. I have sat and rested my foot from about 5pm till now ten thirty but its been really frustrating asking my kids to help me out, there is no way i can do two weeks of this, will drive me mad and i shall get nothing done!!! I worked out i got enough anti inflamitries for two weeks but i really dont see it working but i she did say they take a while to work so we shall see! I have a borrowed walking stick so i can take the weight of somewhat but dont think that actually helping much at all. I will do shop online tomorrow when i get up and stock up on two weeks worth of shopping that way i dont need to go out at all.

15. bichonsrus

the doc told me if i had the injection in the foot it would hurt really bad for two days................if you knew how bad it was now you really wouldnt want it worse for two more days:(

16. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear that hun was just thinking maybe the injection would take the pain away for good were tabs it can come back..;)

17. bichonsrus

yes i understand where your coming from, i think the doc saw the look on my face of pure horror and thought well we will try it the easy way first lol, its certainly made me rest my leg more so in a way its worked lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice