UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago i made an appointment at my docs cos i had real bad problems with my foot, i then cancelled the appointment as someone wanted to come see one of the pups. Well i left it and left it until i finally had to go back as i have been in so much pain with it. Been told the ligaments in my heel are being ripped from the heel bone, wondered what the pain was lol, and i need to rest it (yes right kids on school holidays!) and been given anti-inflamitries, if it doesnt improve i need an injection in my foot (ouchy!) Dont know if i can make it better as ive been resting it all i can and it still worse, soooo dont want the injection so keep your fingers crossed for me wont you! Im gonna borrow a walking stick off my sister in law see if that help too.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Ouchie! I do hope your foot heals quickly. However ligament damage can take anything between 6-12 weeks to heal. Looks like you're in for a long haul :(

(((((hugs)))))

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hoping it gets better very very very soon!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Think I agree with Ash - if the injection is going to make it better or hurt less, I'd rather have a quick blast of pain for longer term gain - not a nice choice either way :(. Are your kids old enough to wait on you seeing as they're off ;) then you could rest it in style! Hope it gets better soon x

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. I have sat and rested my foot from about 5pm till now ten thirty but its been really frustrating asking my kids to help me out, there is no way i can do two weeks of this, will drive me mad and i shall get nothing done!!! I worked out i got enough anti inflamitries for two weeks but i really dont see it working but i she did say they take a while to work so we shall see! I have a borrowed walking stick so i can take the weight of somewhat but dont think that actually helping much at all. I will do shop online tomorrow when i get up and stock up on two weeks worth of shopping that way i dont need to go out at all.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
the doc told me if i had the injection in the foot it would hurt really bad for two days................if you knew how bad it was now you really wouldnt want it worse for two more days:(
Sorry to hear that hun was just thinking maybe the injection would take the pain away for good were tabs it can come back..;)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry to hear that hun was just thinking maybe the injection would take the pain away for good were tabs it can come back..;)
yes i understand where your coming from, i think the doc saw the look on my face of pure horror and thought well we will try it the easy way first lol, its certainly made me rest my leg more so in a way its worked lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.