Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

wish I wasn't scared of the dark...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tinaK, Sep 17, 2013.

1. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

really feel like going for a long walk on my own somewhere

2. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Im not afraid of the dark but i deffo wouldnt go out on my own walking at night round here, duno what your area is like tho , have you no one that can walk with you

3. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

Is there anywhere with street lighting. Even though I live in the middle of nowhere I do like to take my chunk into the centre if the city for an adventure :D. Otherwise dream, and have a great morning walk!

4. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

nope nobody. it's an OK area, but prob not a sensible idea. Got the urge to run anf run.. like forest gump lol

5. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

I sympathize. I am TERRIFIED of the dark, like get really panicky taking Bailey out for last night pee and won`t walk through a dark hallway :eek:

6. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

I love walking at night. I put their flashing collars on and take a torch. It's nice to walk and not see anyone. I walk through a park and up a country path. The only time my dog has refused to walk up the path is when there was someone else walking there, so it doesn't bother me. Are there any dog walking groups near by as then you could find someone who lives nearby to walk with.

7. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

I take a torch and a husband in the back garden when i wee the girls its more a case of unknown noises lol

8. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

I sleep with a light on .. how pathetic is that :rolleyes:

9. lucy963

lucy963 PetForums Senior

I dont like the dark either.

10. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

I'm tempted to go out - could leave Clover on a long line. She'd bark if she heard anyone.. mm I dunno

11. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Ah bless you - it's still quite early and if there are streetlights, then I dare say you'll be fine. I'm sure your girls would give a warning bark if needed. But go with your gut - if you don't feel comfortable, don't go.

I really enjoy walking in the dark - we're in the middle of nowhere here though. I find it very relaxing. :eek:

12. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

I do. Its not pathetic we can`t help fears/phobias :)

13. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

Isn't it strange, I feel far safer on my nighttime walks in the woods than I would walking the streets of some of our cities. I know that the only thing I'm liable to bump into is the odd badger or fox, or perhaps the occasional poacher, most of whom I know anyway and none of whom are likely to want to mug me.

14. Labrador Laura

Labrador Laura PetForums VIP

When I used to live in the town I use to love taking Mylo for a later walk, all the town was lit up and thankfully a nice quiet town so no drunks unless it was a Friday night or student night. I use to circle the town and then go to the local park but I feel very safe with Mylo so it never really bothered me but now I can't do it, we live outside the town so no lighting just fields and wildlife .... Foxes scream/cry really freaks me out !!

I'm okay with the dark aslong as OH isn't in a messing around mood. He'll turn the light off on me and sneaks up on me. I HATE IT !

15. SixStar

SixStar Banned

This is the same for me. I am quite happy to walk in the farmland around the house at all hours - always go out for a last walk with the boys before bed, anytime between 10pm and 2am.

When I dogsit for my son however - who lives in the town (and a perfectly nice part too) - I feel much more on edge.

16. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

I'm a bit of a night owl and often get the urge to go for a once it's a bit late. I will only walk around residential areas where there are street lights though. I'm bad enough in the day for worrying someone's following me :( let alone after dark.

17. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I thought you'd gotten over your fear of the dark after we did that night walk earlier this year...I remember you going on a few on your own after that. What's happened to change your mind again?

18. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Soooo pathetic...says the woman who has to sleep with her head covered and just her nose poking out!LOL:eek: I couldnt sleep in the dark if I wasnt hiding under the duvet either.
    I used to love night walking as a child and would sneak out of the house all the time to walk the dog through the fields and up onto Dartmoor. Def not brave enough to try it round here though. But seeing as how the forensic team are still at the end of my road investigating a murder I feel fairly justified in not going out at night!:(

19. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

I love going out with Apollo when its dark (I do it every day lol). but I have to say if I had a little dog I probably wouldn't walk at night

20. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Same here....and the Game Warden says he likes me walking there as no one else really does and it might discourage the poachers (big problem!).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice