Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Winter Coat Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Tash, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Tash

Tash PetForums Member

Benji hates getting wet, whether it's in the bath/shower or out in the rain. He's absolutely fine when out and about walking in it but I figured that perhaps putting a coat on him when going out might put a stop to his 'mad 15 minutes' when we eventually come home from a rainy walk?

He's a Tibetan Terrier so he has thick fur anyway with his undercoat now coming through so it's not so much to stop the cold I wouldn't have thought? It's really just to keep his back as dry as possible. Please tell me if you don't think he should have a coat on at all though, I'm always unsure as to whether long haired breeds should even have a coat? lol excuse my newbness!

Forgot to add, he also wears a harness when out on walks!

#1 Tash, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  2. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

3. winter

winter PetForums Senior

You know your dog better than anyone so only you know whether he will be to hot in a coat.
    My currant long haired german shepherd has a coat as he feels the cold a lot it's a Trixie coat so no padding just a coat to keep heavy rain off of him and is wind proof for when the north winds blow across the fields.

4. SDPetcare

SDPetcare PetForums Member

Totally reccommend the Outhwaite coats, you can choose whether you have padded or not :)

5. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

Under-Belly Wrap Harness Dog Coat | Shop

I've just ordered one of these for Tango as she really needs something to keep her tummy warm and dry, specially in the snow.

I'll let you know when it comes and post pictures.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice