Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Windy puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Purplejellyfish, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Purplejellyfish

Purplejellyfish PetForums Member

My 15 week old staffie puppy Alfie is a total delight! Sweet natured, exuberant, full of mischief and charm, and quick to learn. However, he has one little problem...very bad wind! It is amazing that such a little body can chuck out so much smelly gas!

He is healthy and his poo's are normal. He is fed three times a day on James Wellbeloved puppy food. I really don't want to change his food if I can help it as he loves it and looks so well. He has a sardine twice a week and two small bowls of P@H puppy milk a day. Every couple of days he has a paddywack to chew.

I (and my family) would be most greatful of any advice on how to calm poor Alfie's windy tummy.

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

You can try charcoal biscuits.

JWB seems to make many dogs windy. If you dont want to change it, you may just have to live with a few farts :)

3. JuNeil

JuNeil PetForums Member

Yes - I think I have to agree. JWB food does tend to make them a bit windy although bulldogs are windy anyway:eek:

I think the advantages that food outweighs the disadvantages though and I have found that as Bentley is getting older, he has less wind!!

I've read that charcoal bonios can help but I haven't tried them with ours yet.

4. Purplejellyfish

Many thanks, will give charcoal biscuits a try. :)

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Mine are on JWB (although im changing to Arden Grange soon) and one of them is really windy. When he trumps on the laminate flooring you almost feel the vibrations. I find its making their poo's a bit loose aswell.

6. JuNeil

JuNeil PetForums Member

I know - we were toying with changing to Arden Grange but on the whole he is OK so I think we will stick with it for a while longer and just stick pegs on our nose.

The best thing is when people visit because you can see their face change when they smell him (and hear him!). We sit and giggle like kids!

7. Purplejellyfish

The funniest thing is that sometimes when he farts...he twists around and stares at his bum with a look of total surprise! He is such a clown, bless him. :D

8. JuNeil

JuNeil PetForums Member

Whatever did we do with ourselves before the puppies came along!? I can spend hours just watching him and his funny ways.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice