Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

windowsill mats/bed solutions

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by smiler84, Aug 31, 2013.

1. smiler84

smiler84 PetForums VIP

Evening all,

Just wondering if any of you clever cat chatters can help me. Basically, my cat goes in and out via my lounge sash window. The windowsill is starting to get quite grubby, and as he sits there quite often I thought it might be a good idea to buy some sort of cushion/mat to protect the sill and make it a bit more comfy. I've done a bit of internet shopping but the cat windowsill mats on offer all seem to be about 26cm wide, when my sill is only 16cm.

Anyone got any ideas/use anything similar?

2. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

hi smiler have you thought about making a cushion and then glueing velco strip to sill and sewing the other velcro strip to the cushion, you could make two cushions so while ones in the wash you got the other:)

3. smiler84

smiler84 PetForums VIP

I have thought of making something but not entirely sure how to go about it! I can't glue anything to the sill as I'm renting, so would need to somehow weight it so that it doesn't keep falling off?

4. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

i would just get a cushion that your cat already uses and cut it to the required sise then sew back up , then you cound even use some gaffa tape very strong make a loop with the sticky side facing out and attach to the back of the cushion, very unlikely that it would remove any paint when you take off but if it does you could just retouch:) gaffa tape is amazing tape every home should have a roll:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice