UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here got it yet? What are your thoughts?

I had to exchange my acer laptop with windows 7 for it as it was faulty.
I can only say this, I am very like sheldon on the big bang theroy and don't like change and this may be more user friendly but I don't like it!!!!

I keep getting turfed out of IE just by moving the mouse and I just can't get on board with it!

Any thoughts on it?

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Im still trying to get to grips with 7!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Is 8 supposed to be better then?

I dont like change:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its only just come out, its probably got a few bugs. My laptop has still got Vista on it but my main pc is windows 7.
My pc had XP, I got the laptop a month back with 7 and sadly it was faulty so had to exchange, they had no 7 had to get 8 instead and now well!!

It is just too techy for me, too much going on!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I'm sticking with windows 7 on most of my computers and I'm a computer geek. I don't like how it acts like a phone or tablet. My one computer that has Windows 8 is heavily customized to act like Windows 7. lol The program I used for it is classicshell.

You can still buy copies of Windows 7 in stores or online and Microsoft is supporting Windows 7 until 2020. I recommend people buy a copy if they don't like Windows 8.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have been told its another vista all over again . . . rubbish but this is one person and this person might not like change themselves lol but thought i'd throw it in there :D

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought 7 was great.

This is unrecognizable though, too much added in. Like someone just said too much like the ipads etc, I don't need all these aps yet here they are. So hard to move around it too and there is no start button!!!

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
The boyfriend got it before it was released (darn computer degree people :rolleyes:) I've used it and I quite like it, I like the way they've done the start menu and how easy it is to flick between programmes. I think the split screen is brilliant. Only downside, most current computer specs aren't able to support the OS so am still reserving judgement. I think the boyfriend is putting 8 on the computer he's building as it'll have a bigger motherboard, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I've never been interested in the apps and app store. They're a time and money waster much like Facebook and I don't need continuous updates on everything as soon as I start my computer. Too much noise.

On my Windows 8 machine I chose the option of having a local account, uninstalled everything on the start screen, disabled the store, and installed classicshell which adds a start menu and skips the start screen for you. I'm still experimenting with further customizing it to act even more like windows 7.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've never been interested in the apps and app store. They're a time and money waster much like Facebook and I don't need continuous updates on everything as soon as I start my computer. Too much noise.

On my Windows 8 machine I chose the option of having a local account, uninstalled everything on the start screen, disabled the store, and installed classicshell which adds a start menu and skips the start screen for you. I'm still experimenting with further customizing it to act even more like windows 7.
Ill give it a go.

I can't find a control panel or anything! It's like a bloody maze.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well i can use it a bit easier now but it can be a bit annoying and change from one thing to the next with a small touch of the mouse without meaning to and the side bar and time coming up unexpectantly too.

I think i shall get a pc magazine with more info on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.