Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wind!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Colsy, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Colsy

Colsy Banned

My rescue toy poodle is on an allergy food from the vets cost about £25 a bag.
    I am certain this food is giving him smelly cabbage wind !
    Also his poo's are never hard.
    He has a dust mite allergy so i dont know why he is on this food.
    Can anyone give me some advice on another food option, and help on the wind front.
    I could not breath last night in the bedroom it stunk.

2. Nature diet lamb may be worth a try colsy!

3. Colsy

Colsy Banned

Thank you DT.:)
    I have Natures Diet sensative in the house would that be ok?

4. If you have it in I do not see the problem with trying to introduce it gradually! but personally it is not one that I like! In view of the problems only try a very gradual introduction!!!! if things change for the worse cease using asap!
    DT

5. rona

rona Guest

You could try Charcoal, it's supposed to be good for wind

6. Oblada

Oblada Guest

You could consider cereals-free food (JWB cereals free or Orijen) - that sorted out my boy's winds ;)
    Cereals can often be difficult to digest for many dogs and be the cause of intestinal problems!
    You may want to check with your vet first though the reason why he is on the particular food now; there could be something sth in the food meant to alleviate the allergy problems but there may be other options to achieve the same results without being forced to feed that particular food..

7. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Brothers gone to natures diet for his bully best thing he ever did hasnt stopped it completely but theres a marked improvement . Considering bullys are full of gas generally.

8. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

I take it it's Hills that you vet has given you, I think you need to go back to him and ask exactly why that food is the one for your lad. I'm with Oblada in feeding a food without to many cereals in it, cereals can cause problems for dogs, my pair are also on Orijen and I can't praise it enough absolutely no rubbish in it at all.

Terri

9. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Cheeko's got allergies and is doing great on JWB. His stomach used to be bad and his poos could be really runny or he was constipated. Now it's the same every time he goes plus no more smelly farting. He's not on the ceral free one though because he gets the senior/light.

10. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Burns Maize food is a good one for senstive tums

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice