Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Willows kittens..

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by floralaura, Aug 31, 2013.

1. floralaura

floralaura PetForums Junior

After the sadness of my last post I though I would start another to show off the 3 Kittens who are doing fab!

All together-

asss.jpg

One that looks like Mum-

kit2a.jpg

kit2.jpg

This one has a little white chest-

kit1.jpg

And the monster Ginger one- started out the second smallest now hes the biggest!

kit3a.jpg

2. floralaura

And Ginger again-

kit3.jpg

All doing well and gaining weight :thumbup1:

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Scrummy yummy:D

4. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Beautiful kittens :)

5. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

I love the little black one, but they are all lovely :)

6. wicket

wicket PetForums VIP

Lovely little fluff balls, glad hey are all doing well :)

7. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

Glad they are all ok, :)

8. floralaura

All are still doing well, putting on weight and fluffing up nicely!
    Only 'issue' ATM is Mum does keep leaving them..shes been wandering around the house, shes even trying to get out and clawing at the patio doors..we had her still upstairs under my 3yr olds bed (We tried to keep the door to the room shut but she would claw at the door and 'shout' until we opened the door (My Boy has been camping in our room since they were born).) where she gave birth until this evening when she one by one moved all 3 kittens to the conservatory in my car seat box that has a car seat in thats due to be returned to the company :001_unsure: We have taken the seat out and left them just in the huge box now but she still keeps wandering-It is only for short times and she does go back if she hears them but OH is concerned as 'Google' says she shouldnt leave them at all..should we be concerned?

9. Cosmills

Cosmills PetForums VIP

If she is going back to them I would not worry to much

We let my girl out of the kitten room when the kittens were 4 days old ... She stayed close and always went back to them every hour to feed ... It was too warm for her ... She just is not a stay at home mum she missed us ... It had not effected her kits at 9 weeks she still rounds them up to feed and a good old clean

10. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

Be careful she doesnt get out it may be shes coming into call.

11. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

So long as she isn't going out I wouldn't worry. The dangers of going out are firstly getting pregnant again, and secondly having an accident. That she goes back to the kittens if she hears them is good. Cats have a whole variety of parenting styles from never leaving them to spending very little time with them, and from being an earth mother to almost military regimentation.

12. floralaura

Just another update-
    Babies are now 3 weeks on Weds and doing good..all eyes are open and clean and Mum is still good with them and they put on over 80g each the past week.

Here they are-

kit1.jpg

kit2.jpg

kit3.jpg

Mum is acting strange today though-The kits are all in a high sided box that Mum moved them too and are all now walking. Today Mum has brought the Ginger one into the living room and put him in the middle of the room..now Mum is doing a strange miaow and the Kit is squeaking-It looks like Mum is trying to make him follow her out the room? Not sure why though as shes brought him here..At this age should they be in a lower box that they can get out of-is it time for her to start weaning/training them?

13. OrientalSlave

They should be crawling and toddling at 3 weeks. They learn the litter tray by watching her, and wean themselves by trying her food. But they should all be togeather.

Will it be a problem if there are toilet accidents in the living room? Or messy eating?

14. floralaura

They are all properly walking already-bit shakt and 'Bambi on ice' at times but on the whole they are good at it..
    They are currently in the conservatory in a huge box, they were in a low sided storage box upstairs but Mum moved them all into the conservatory in my car seat box (I expect because thats where Mums Food/Water/Tray was kept proir to her giving birth?)..the box is about 3ft high so no way of Babies leaving it of their own accord. So with Mum bringing one in earlier I wondered if it was for a reason so to speak. She let him stay in here for about 10mins with her doing her miaow and him squeaking and walking round then she took him back to the box.
    There wouldnt be a issue with mess in here but more for their safety I think they are better confined to the back of the house as I have a 8mth old and 3yr old and they cant get to the back of the house.
    We have put a gate up at the entrance and a strip along the bottom so the Kits get the run of that room in safety and Mum can get in and out as she pleases but not sure if we should move them out the huge box and back into the lower box yet to make it easier for them to get in/out of it to wander round?
    OH seems to think we shouldnt 'let' them until 4 weeks but Mum seemed to think otherwist this afternoon!

15. OrientalSlave

I would put them in the lower one and take the really deep box away.

16. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

They are lovely, I love the little ginger one :)

17. floralaura

Lower box is now in there, they all escape from it..so we put a board over the bottom of the Baby gate only they all can climb over that too so frequently escape-All 3 are currently running around the living room!
    My Fav is the black one, she has the bluest eyes I have ever seen on a cat and shes such a mouse compared to the other 2 who are really boisterous already, we may keep her I think :eek:

18. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Sooo cute! :)

19. spid

spid PetForums VIP

SHe won't keep her blue eyes I'm afraid. But it's great you are thinking of keeping her, black kittens are the hardest to rehome.

20. floralaura

Why do you think she will lose her eye colour? The other 2 have dulled but hers are still amazing and even brighter if anything.

Having issues with them now though-Mum has all but abandonded them the past day. Hissing at them when they try to feed and swatting at them if they go near her when shes eating. Have put down kitten food/milk/water for them and they are lapping the fluids slowly but not eating as yet..Think shes had enough of them. They are 4 weeks Weds, any advice of how to get her to go back to them?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice