Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

willow had her kittens

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by sue100, May 4, 2010.

1. sue100

sue100 PetForums Junior

hi all, willow had her kittens 4 days early.

She started labour at 9.30 at night,just as i was going to bed to read before going to sleep. My daughter called me into her room as willow had settled into a tiny box and had had a cpl of contractions.

We moved her into a bigger box and sat and waited,she had her 1st kitten at 10.30 but needed help as she was to big to get her head down to bite the cord so i helped out and gently held the kitten and severed the cord with my nails and then gave her to willow to clean up.
    she cleaned him up and passed the after birth which she ate,the kitten was a tiny black and white boy.

she had the next kitten at 11.00 which was breech and again had to sever the cord and had to get the kitten breathing,this one was grey and white and bigger and is a girl. she passed the after birth but did not eat it so removed it.

kitten number 3 was born at midnight,i helped out again and she laid on her back to help me out. she had another black and white which was the biggest so far,she passed the after birth and settled down to feed her babys. we waited half an hour and then both went to bed.

At 3.25 my daughter rang me saying willow was pushing again and in trouble so i ran to the bedroom and found out willow had had a 4th kitten which she gave birth to on my daughters head! my daughter felt something on her head and when she felt her hair there was a new born kitten on the pillow! this one is a tabby torti like willow and is a girl.

willow was crying so checked on her and she had a 5th kitten which was huge,she was too tired to break the cord and clean so did that for her,this kitten was grey with white stripes and is a boy.

so 5 kittens in total and all doing well

they are nick named

1st kitten,mouse 70grms when born black with white strip round neck eyes still closed.

2nd kitten,trouper 100grms when born white and grey one eye opened at 3 days old and second nearly open.

3rd kitten,star 120grms black with white star on nose and white socks,one eye opened at 3 days and second nearl opened.

4th kitten,splodge 75grms black brown ginger and white tabby torti.eyes still closed

5th kitten, oz 135 grms grey tabby with white stripes.both eyes open at 6 days old.

All kittens and wilow are doing well.

2. sootisox

sootisox PetForums Senior

Congratulations! Oz was HUGE!!!! I'd love to see some pictures when you have a chance! Glad everything went well.

3. sue100

sue100 PetForums Junior

some pics of willows kittens

Attached Files:

• 065.jpg
      065.jpg
      File size:
      55.9 KB
      Views:
    • 066.jpg
      066.jpg
      File size:
      79 KB
      Views:
    • 067.jpg
      067.jpg
      File size:
      86.1 KB
      Views:
    • 068.jpg
      068.jpg
      File size:
      79.6 KB
      Views:
    • 071.jpg
      071.jpg
      File size:
      82.8 KB
      Views:
  4. sue100

sue100 PetForums Junior

the second picture is of mouse the smallest and oz the biggest

Attached Files:

• 072.jpg
      072.jpg
      File size:
      57.3 KB
      Views:
    • 073.jpg
      073.jpg
      File size:
      76.1 KB
      Views:
  5. doggie82

doggie82 PetForums Member

arr bless how sweet

6. blownaway

blownaway PetForums Newbie

aw they are just so cute

7. Honeybunch

Honeybunch PetForums Member

They are beautiful congratulations. Can't believe the size of Oz he really is huge well done Willow!:)

8. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

they are gorgeous

9. munchkin

munchkin PetForums Junior

omg how gorgeous, congratulations.x

10. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Wow Oz is a big boy (assuming he is a boy).

I must have read this last night but not responded as I woke up at 3.30 dreaming my cat was giving birth on my pillow, she wasn't, thankfully!

11. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

Willows kitties are beautiful, me want me want me want !!!!!,:thumbup:..:thumbup:..:lol:

12. sue100

sue100 PetForums Junior

We have homes for all the kittens,my daughter is keeping one which will be oz or trouper.
    mouse is going to a friend of mine whos little boy had heart surgery on tueday and lost there cat who sadly was knocked over a cpl of weeks ago.

the others are going to my daughters friends who are fighting over them lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice