Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Willow and Buck attacked

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Freyja, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Late last night I took Willow and Buck out for their last walk. As I walked out of the gate a I heard a man shout and all of a sudden a large staffie appeared from between the parked cars. It was snarling and heading towards the dogs and I.

I pulled the boys and ran back into our garden but knew I wouldn't get into the house in time. Our gate doesn't fasten and I knew if I didn't hold the gate shut the staffie would come into the garden after the boys. I held the gate and as the staffie got to it I pushed it as hard as I could into its face. The staffie yelped and run away back into the road. I'm ashamed to say I wouldn't have been too bothered if a car had come past and hit the dog at that time.

The man caught his dog he wasn't a teenage yob but an older man he apologised and said the dog had pulled the lead out of his hand. Needless to say he got a mouthful about keeping his dog under control and if he is that dog agressive to keep it muzzled and a tight hold on the lead before it did actually get hold of another dog.

We were lucky if I had gone out a few seconds earlier I would not have been able to get to the gate in time and what would have happened to the boys I just do not want to think about. The boys did nothing to insight this attak I know they can be very in your face but we didn't even see the other dog as they were behind some parked cars.

All I know is this morning I have 2 very lucky little boys.

2. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Crumbs, thankfully neither one or yourself was hurt but its always the "what if's" that play heaviest on your mind.

Hoping you have a much less stressful day today xx

3. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Glad your boys are okay :(

4. Colliefan

Colliefan PetForums Newbie

oh how scary, I am glad that you and the boys are ok. That would of really frightened me

5. Relieved to read that none of you were physically hurt.

6. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

So pleased to hear your boys were okay, what a horrible thing to happen, all too frequent sadly.

Accidents happen, any of us could drop a lead, but I agree, this Staffy should have been muzzled if so very dog aggresssive. Lets hope the owner does so, but you wonder :rolleyes:

Scary to think such dog aggressive animals are out on our streets.

*Hugs* to you all.

7. Heather78

Heather78 PetForums Senior

Glad to hear your boys and you were unhurt :)

8. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Glad every one is ok ...

9. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

So scary for you and so glad you managed to avoid a bad situation. I purposely drive to where I want to walk the dogs as there's an idiot family down our road who sometimes have their Staff roaming round the street.

Makes me so mad how these people can't hold on to their dogs, Flynn's 57kgs, heavier than me and i've never let go of him in three years - no matter how nutty he may have been in the past. Stupid bl**dy people who shouldn't own a dog if they can't control it! :mad:

10. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Glad everyone is ok, you must have moved like the wind to keep your boys safe!

11. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I agree accidents happen only the other day Simba snatched his lead out of my hand but he didn't go anywere he ran towards a woman who tried to catch him until I shouted to her to leave him he would have bolted if she had touched him. due to my job I have to put vaseline on my hands and it was still on them making the lead hard to hold.

I have seen this dog out previously always late at night and the man always struggles with it if it sees other dogs. I would have said in his defence that he maybe walks at that time to avoid other dog walkers but I have just come back from shopping and seen him with the dog with a woman and 2 other staffies sat on a bench just along the road from our house.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice