UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so why?
If not why?

this could be interesting. .

Reactions: gem88

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
always have always do.
its a mark of respect for all those who gave their lives so we have the 'freedom' we do now.
there is a history of military in both mine and my hubbys family and i work in a village with an army base in it.

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
I always end up buying several poppies - but loose them :eek: so hardly end up wearing them :eek:

I buy them because I want to support our brave men, women and their families - I may not always agree with the conflicts but I will always support those who are so brave.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I always buy me, my mum and my grandad a poppy :)
I've always worn a poppy since I can remember, as a mark of respect for all those who have lost their lives, trying to keep our freedom.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Yes I will be, same every year. We always attend the Rememberence day parade in our village too.
What do you all do with your poppies after Rememberance Day?
I never like to throw them away so they go in a pot, a friend took loads when he went to the River Kwai and released them, complete with tears in his eyes.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Yes....for the very reasons that everyone has already said. I feel its the very least I can do.

Are the purple poppies in remembrance of the service animals?

·
Still missing my boys
42,309 Posts
Alway buy, never wear. My life doesn't really suit wearing a Poppy and I'd feel devastated if my poppy ended up being trampled in the mud.
Mine sits in the heater vent on the dashboard in my car or in a little vase my mother gave me on my sideboard :)

·
Premium Member
33,930 Posts
Yes, I shall be wearing 2 a red one and a purple one

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.