Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Will this message, or any message of mine, be accepted?

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Suggestions' started by EmErogork, Jan 3, 2019.

1. EmErogork

EmErogork PetForums Newbie

I logged in, clicked the verification e-mail message, and my username appears at the top so I figure I did my homework.

I went into a discussion group and posted my concern about using Front Line on my cat. When I went to "Create Thread" an error showed.I would include it here but I don't know what URL being requested means. The message said: The following error occurred... and then discusses something suggesting that my message looks like spam. I cannot even highlight and copy the test. My message had no attachments, links, font attribute changes, just plain text.

I am still stuck.

(P.S. OK, this message was accepted but my original post will not go.)

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Your original post was not allowed because you were putting in a link to a website. You will need to have made 25 + posts to do this. You can mention the site but not add a link. Hope this answers your question

moggie14 likes this.
  3. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

Try again, I'll reply to your thread in the cat section then just hit 'post reply' at the bottom - this should work OK :)

4. EmErogork

There was no link. Please show me if you do find one.
    I posted my frustration in a thread and someone suggest that I place the information in a reply to his message.
    I copied the same message and it worked.

5. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Sorry I misread your first post. Have you tried posting a new thread of your own?
    It is possible that not all of your permissions had gone through when you posted initially. However I have to say I am not entirely sure what happened

6. EmErogork

The original attempt failed many times until I gave up and sent that note in to the admin. I tried to post again 12 hours later and it still failed. I used copy/paste to submit it.
    I then just left a note of my frustration figuring that it would also be rejected but the note of frustration stuck. Someone suggested I repost my message as a reply and it worked. I have received one response so far.

7. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

You’ e had more than one reply now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice