Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Will my rabbit be too warm??

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Ellie Lovatt, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Ellie Lovatt

Ellie Lovatt PetForums Junior

Hi guys!
    I have placed my rabbit run in the shade, I have also placed a blanket over half of it for extra shaded area incase somehow the sun gets through. There are 2 tiles in there for the buns to lay on and also a bottle of frozen water on the tiles for the buns.
    I’ve provided lots of water and keep putting cold snacks like cucumber from the fridge etc. in the run.

Am I better bringing the buns inside rather than leaving them in their run in the daytime? They love being outside though as they get to be on the grass. At night they go in a hutch and I’m not so worried about nighttime temperatures.

Any tips on keeping them cool? They absolutely hate me straying water on their ears however I will obviously do that if it is needed.

Also any tips on keeping flies away? I keep the cage clean and clear up their litter tray daily but theres a lot of flies around, don’t want them laying eggs on my buns

2. Corneal

Corneal PetForums Member

My rabbit shed has a fly zapper that comes on every night to kill the flies. And in the hot I give them fans, I bought one on eBay that I can clip onto the side of their run, I also gave them some ice cubes of frozen baby food today and frozen watermelon

Ellie Lovatt likes this.
  3. Bunny love

Bunny love PetForums Newbie

Hi
    I use fly strike spray on my bunnies & on their hutches and runs ... I have heard you can plant lavender & other plants flys hate around outside of hutch area but so your bunny’s can’t reach them to help flys stay away xxx

Ellie Lovatt likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice