Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Will my door take a cat flap

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by woody265, Apr 26, 2011.

1. woody265

woody265 PetForums Newbie

hi all,

i'm new to the forum and looking at getting a cat flap as my better half has finally built up the courage to let the 2 cats out after a year of trashing the house.
    a couple of questions.

1) my kitchen door has panels at the bottom of the door where we would fit the flap, can i still fit one there.

2) any recommendations on what flap to get, i don't want any strays in so i want one to open up just for my 2 cats. they are not chipped though. i've read about the magnetic ones and the infa-red ones. any comments??

thanks for you time

2. Donskie

Donskie PetForums Member

I didn't just want to read and run but as I am qualified to microchip, I would seriously suggest you have them micro chipped before letting them out. If they do go missing and someone hands them into the vets, one scan and they will be home in no time. No chip, no coming back home within hours!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice