Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wildlife pictures.

Discussion in 'Wildlife Gallery' started by Calinyx, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Calinyx

Calinyx PetForums VIP

Ok having had my new camera 10 days now, thought i'd get some of my latest wildlife pictures up. I'll not put them separately in individual postings [would hate you to think i'm excited about my new toy and have taken 1000's of pics whilst learning about this Fuji :biggrin5::crazy::biggrin5:].

Come on my journey.....of a hundred pictures .......JOKING.....nae quite a 100:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

So I've been to the beach....

[​IMG]
    Breakwater residents. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Wing tips by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Pile on! by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

Then to the localish RSPB reserve looking for puffins. No luck on that score, but did find plenty razorbills and guillemots [oh well will have to go back!]

[​IMG]
    'What's down the hole?' by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    'Honest...it was this big!' by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Trepidation on the cliff edge. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

Then I went out to friends house to walk our dogs. Afterwards I always go in for a cuppy and watch the birds that go to her bird feeders [she lives just out side our village]

[​IMG]
    Yellowhammer duet. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Great tit at the feeder. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Can't do a thing with my feathers with all this damp! by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Told you! by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    In flight shot. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

Then i went to work, so had my wee wander along the river.

[​IMG]
    Fledging wren by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    If i close my eyes...you can't see me. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

The following day was a sad day as we had to say goodbye to our darling Cali. So I took her for a final paddle in the river. She had a great time, but gave me a row as the water was too cold for her :D

[​IMG]
    Our gorgeous Cali. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

Saw this whilst there.
    [​IMG]
    Grey wagtail. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

Later that afternoon I had to work, so was back along the river...

[​IMG]
    About turn. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

That night my hubby and I went for a wee walk round the Castle Fraser estate.

[​IMG]
    Pond resident. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Pink foxglove. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

Then another walk...[seriously i should be the size of a rake.....if wasn't for all the food i eat :crazy:]

[​IMG]
    'Tweet a po!' by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Baby bluetit. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

Later that evening, I went out with my camera and my Raynox dcr-250 macro lens just to try it out.

[​IMG]
    Macro study. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Caterpillar hotel? by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Odd gardener at Castle Fraser. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[Almost done...sorry]

Then yesterday sitting in our back garden I realised that the bird that looked like a sparrow...didn't sound like a sparrow. It was also quite bold and allowed me to get about 6-7 feet from it whilst i quickly took some pictures.

[​IMG]
    Dunnock in the garden. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Song time. by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Poser! by calinyx ~ thanks for looking and for any comments, on Flickr

So it's been a busy 10 days....but now we're caught up [bet you're relieved :D ]

[oh and on Sunday we were at the Alford speedfest and i took loads and loads of photos of cars...but felt they didn't belong in the wildlife section :p]

2. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

Great pics. Sorry about your Cali :(

3. Jonescat

Jonescat Don't do nothing. Do something.

Lovely pics as always. I am sorry for your loss but that is a great one of Cali - she looks like she had a lovely last day.

I think I want an Oystercatcher for my allotment after that shot - it would look great in amongst the beetroot like that one.

4. owns the beast

owns the beast PetForums Senior

Great photo's. I'm going to go mad and treat myself to a new camera soon as my current one just doesn't give me the shots I want. I'd also like to buy some nice weather for long walks but that seems to be out of stock atm!!!

5. Calinyx

Calinyx PetForums VIP

Thanks one and all.:D

Please don't be sorry about Cali. She was a brilliant, brilliant dog that was allowed to pass without pain or distress. I have so many fantastic memories that I can't be sad....she was worth more than that [if you know what i mean]. I will always remember her as she was when fit and well and not as the poorly pup that she became.

We've nice [ish] weather here just now after just 24 hours of rain....first proper wet stuff in a long time.

6. Danielmorgan

Danielmorgan PetForums Junior

you have captured the small wonders from the wildlife quite beautifully along with tiny but good explanation as well.. i love the nature so how can deny that you have done a praise worthy job..

7. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I love your photo's the new camera is in good hands :)
    Just love the little wren :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice