Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wild waterfowl feed

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by Alvina, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Alvina

Alvina PetForums Junior

I dont have any knowledge of duck/swan nutrition.
    The Sainsbury's mixer dry food is not liked and I didnt want it to go to waste.
    I noticed that the contents is similar to the food I feed the local swans, ducks and the odd coot.
    I have provided the contents below, is the complementary dog food safe to feed (soaked) to the swans?

Wildthings Swan and Duck Food
    Composition: Wheat, Wheatfeed, Soya, Whole Maize, Fish Meal, Soya Oil, Minerals.
    Technological Additives: None Stated; Sensory Additives: None Stated; Nutritional Additives: Vitamin A 19000 IU, Vitamin D3 1900 IU, Vitamin E 110mg; Iron (Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate): 40mg, Copper (Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate): 7mg, Manganese (Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate): 30mg, Zinc (Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate): 100mg, Iodine (Calcium Iodate Anhydrous): 1mg, Selenium (Sodium Selenite): 0.25mg.
    Analytical Constituents: Protein 18%, Crude Fibres 3.5%, Crude Oils and Fats 4%, Crude Ash 4%, Moisture Not stated

Sainsbury's Dry Dog Food Mixer

Composition: Cereals, Meat and Animal Derivatives, Oils and Fats, Minerals, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin.
    Additives: Technological Additives: Antioxidants, Preservatives.
    Nutritional Additives: Vitamin A 13600 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 1200 IU/kg, Vitamin E 56mg/kg, Iodine (Calcium Iodate Anhydrous) 2mg/kg, Selenium (Sodium Selenite) 0.1mg/kg, Copper (Copper (II) Sulphate Pentahydrate) 6mg/kg, Iron (Iron (II) Sulphate Monohydrate) 48mg/kg, Manganese (Manganese (II) Oxide) 40mg/kg, Zinc (Zinc Oxide) 80mg/kg.
    Analytical Constituents: Kcal(/100g) 342, Crude Protein 13.5%, Crude Fat 7%, Crude Fibre 3%, Crude Ash 6%

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Maybe ask a wildlife rescue if they know?

Otherwise, offer it to a dog rescue?

3. Alvina

Alvina PetForums Junior

Do you know of any dog rescue (UK) that would accept opened food?

4. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

I believe it's illegal in the UK to feed meat products to poultry (which I assume includes ducks).

5. Alvina

Alvina PetForums Junior

Does that include fish meal?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice