Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wild rabbits

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by kaz, Jan 16, 2008.

1. kaz

kaz PetForums Junior

For the first time in years we have got wild rabbits in our fields:)
    They seem to be becoming more plentiful and bolder and can even be seen in the garden before we let the dogs out -they seem to know to hop through the fence to safety before the dogs get near them:). It's lovely to see them there but it's a bit of a pain when they spook the horses by running from under their feet as we are leading them into the field:mad:

2. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i see afew sometimes when im over the fields with my dogs,,,sometimes i see deer to,, its nice watching them,,,,,,,,,,,

3. kaz

kaz PetForums Junior

I've never seen wild deer around here.

There are always rabbits in other peoples fields as we drive home (they disappear when my OH goes out hunting:)) but the lurchers we used to own made sure that our fields were clear. Silly Tilly, the resident lurcher now, is a bit of a wimp and doesn't seem to realise that she can jump the fence to get her own tea so the rabbits are now colonising our fields.:)

4. Tina

Tina Guest

maybe there has been mixi in the area and thats gone now

5. kaz

kaz PetForums Junior

Nope - it's definitely that our dogs aren't wiping them out the moment they see them:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice