Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wilbury's Poorly

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by *WillsTillsBills*, Jul 14, 2009.

1. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

Having a really crappy week :( after Wilbury being attacked by the dog up the road earlier on, hes been taken in to the vets today...
    This morning we came down to let them out, and there was sick all over the cage, their bedding was soaked with sick! we soon found out who was the poorly when he was sick again, so we didn't give him any breakfast, the oh came home after work 2 hours later and there was so much sick again. When I got home, we took him straight to the vets and they think hes swallowed something, hes staying in for xrays, I cried when I left him. He was so lethargic and could bearly move :( we're hoping it will pass through, otherwise hes going to have to have an operation... I'm so so soooo worried, we're waiting for the phone call now, they said they would call by 8.30 and if they hadn't we could call... times going so slow!

has anyone ever had this with their dog?

2. rona

rona Guest

Fingers crossed that everything will be ok

3. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Sorry I've never had this happen so I can't help there but I'm sending best wishes that he will be OK.

4. Terrier Fan

Terrier Fan PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear he's unwell :(
    I hope whatever it is passes through so he doesn't need surgery.
    Get well soon Wilbury :)

5. *WillsTillsBills*

I've just spoken to the vets, fingers crossed so far, they might not have to operate... they say there is a ball of gas in his stomach, (which has gone down since we first went to the vets) in a short and easy way to understand they've said. The ball of gas will either get bigger and they would have to operate or it will get smaller and he will just have diorreah .... they can't see any other objects in his stomach so fingers crossed!!

6. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

7. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Well that sounds promising. I bet this is the first time you've hoped your dog would have diarrhea! Please keep us updated with his progress.

8. *WillsTillsBills*

I will!! promise, its nicer coming on here and being able to talk, I'm not worrying so much! I've old them I'll call at 6am! I love my vets they are sooo nice :)

9. mickyb

mickyb PetForums Senior

Thinking about you, hope all goes well x

10. davehyde

davehyde Banned

best wishes wilbury.

11. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Any news on Wilbury this morning?

12. JuNeil

JuNeil PetForums Member

Oh no - gutted to hear about Wilbury. Hope he gets better soon - bulldogs are tough and I am sure he will get through it - Bentley sends his love and slobbery kisses.x

13. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

How's Wilbury this morning?

Hope he's feeling a bit better today

Ellie x

14. *WillsTillsBills*

Sorry its so late guys, I was at work all day, then came home to do cleaning, walk the other dogs annnnnd on the phone to the vets nearly every minute....

Basically there not sure whats caused it... there is a ball of gas, and they can't tell whether hes swallowed something or its just an upset tummy?! arrr so frustrating... he hasn't been sick for over 24hrs now, it makes you wonder if they are just keeping him in for the sake of it? but then again I want him in the best place... they have fed him today and fingers crossed... he hasn't been sick, that means he can come home. I'm going to call them again in abit to see if hes been sick fingers crossed its just been passing the other end :p thats probably the only time I'll hope for that lol!

Thankyou so much for alllll your kind wishes and slobber kisses for him, the vet was on the phone to me and she said that he kept trying to stick his tongue in her mouth and she said hes full of life... I just want him home, Tilly keeps running all over the house thinking hes hiding :( xx

15. rona

rona Guest

Hopefully he'll be home tomorrow

16. mindymoo

mindymoo PetForums Member

keep my fingers crossed he has a rapid recovery xxx

17. *WillsTillsBills*

Just got off the phone from the vets and they have been feeding him very very small amounts since 12pm.... and he hasn't been sick soooooooo I'm veeeery happy!!!!!!!!!

18. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Hooray! Go Wilbury! Does that mean he gets to come home now?

19. *WillsTillsBills*

Not yet, we still have to wait until tommorrow...but I feel relieved!! I'll keep you updated, will be in the afternoon when I get back from work hopefully with the beautiful boy!!

20. JuNeil

JuNeil PetForums Member

Great news - I have come to the conclusion in the short time of having Bentley that they are tough cookies overall! Its just heartbreaking when their sad face becomes even sadder when they are poorly! Give him a big massive cuddle from us when he gets home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice