Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why??????.........

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by deb53, Apr 14, 2011.

1. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

.............. does anything nice then get marred by something awful??? :confused:

I must have been so bloody bad in my previous life :mad::mad:

For my 50th (gulp) (or as my grandson said "nan your halfway to death now

aren't you" :eek: :blink:) the family got together to buy me my pup. Finally

picked her up on Saturday and what a wonderful present she is.:)

Then Saturday afternoon my daughter started to get goose bumps and

shivers with dreadful headache and pain in back of neck:( Phoned NHS direct

and doc phoned back (by this time she was being sick with pain) to be told

its probably a pulled muscle :mad::confused:

Things got worse, so took her to docs who gave her 2 jabs and had to wait

3/4 hour to see if improvement........nope.......so was sent to A&E after the

doc had spoken to the registrar. They suspected viral meningitis:eek:. After

x.rays, ct.scan and a lumber puncture she was put into isolation with iv

drips, one of which was the antibiotic they use to treat bacterial menengitis.

Anyhow it turned out, thank god, to be clear. She was finally discharged

yesterday but still has the dreadful headache despite strong pain relief. Doc

coming out to her again today.

So the Grandkids are here to stay. Thank god its school hols. BUT........

............I haven't had time to 'enjoy' my 'half way to death' birthday present :(

She is a little diamond. Ted and her play together all the time. Lily is too

'posh' to play and looks down her nose to her :lol:

So here are some quick pics of 'Dolly' ( Dolly as in Singing: Hello Dolly, Well

Hello DollySinging:.....not a Dolly that you play hairdressers on and poke their

eyes out:eek:))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

What a nightmare you've had, hope things start to sort themselves out & your daughter gets better quickly.

Dolly is gorgeous, what a lovely pressie. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy her soon

3. Heather78

Heather78 PetForums Senior

Aww glad to hear your daughter is okay, and Dolly is beautiful :) x

4. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

So sorry you have had a rough time of it again BUT Dolly is stunning :D

5. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

aww what a terrible time you have had deb:( glad your daughter is home now, my son was suffering with terrible headaches and feeling very sick all the time, he could not lift his head because of the pain. the hospital did all the tests you mentioned and all were clear,in the end the diagnosed the condition ' cluster headache' also known as suicide headache because the pain is so bad, infact the doctor told us it is the worst pain know to man:eek: if my son feels one coming on he has to inject himself with something they have given him:(
    on the bright side, your little puppy ' dolly ' is beautiful, she looks identical to one my friend got from a lady near bluewater??? and archie did say to me the other day that i am going to die soon because i am old now he was counting on his fingers how old i was and got a bit fed up of never seeming to come to a end :D ( 50 in july:eek: ) kids, dont you just love what they say:D

6. shells

shells PetForums VIP

big hugs hun and dolly is soo adorable. hope everything is ok with your daughter xxxx

7. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

Thanks Guys. yeah she is a real doll :)

A question to all those who have young kids off on hols.......

.......how the hell does your head put up with Megaminds, C.beebies and CITV

at 7 in the morning :confused: :eek:

8. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

omg hun, sounds like a nightmare! Glad that its not meningitis though! At least thats not a worry. Hope she gets better soon.

Happy birthday though!! Didnt realise it was your birthday!

Dolly is gorgious! What a great birthday present! :D

9. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

That is just how my Daughter was Hun. The pain was so dreadfully intense and she just didnt know what to do with herself :(
    She had sunglasses on and a towel over her head when she was wheeled off for any tests.....god knows what people thought when they saw a stretcher being wheeled about with a body covered in blankets and a towel covering the head :D
    Does your son get them very often now?
    Dolly came from near Isted Rise. She was the only bitch in the litter. is your friends a dog or bitch?. Isted Rise is sort of near Bluewater.

And yes Grandchildren have a great way of making you feel good don't they lol. Bless them.:)

Can just imagine Archie counting the years on his fingers:lol:

10. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

thanks Hun. Well when you reach half a century you keep hush :eek: LOL

11. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

Blesshow cute is she,,, what a little fluff ball.

12. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Sorry to hear your daughter is so poorly, hope she is on the mend soon.

Dolly is gorgeous :)

13. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

My god that was a worry for you and your family, so glad it all turned out ok though and she is on the mend.
    So how does and OLD lady who is half way to being dead :eek: manage to get such a lovely puppy, surely your too old to look after her, so best if you pass her over to me :D I am a bit further ahead of you in the dead department. My saying is..................Your As Old As You Feel.....and I often feel like a 28year old but can never catch one :D :D

14. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

lol my mumns 60th birthday on the 19th of May! :D We are having a surprise birthday party on the 14th cause of baby being due on the 20th! Looking forward to it though....and Alfies on the 7th, we gonna do him a little party. He is gonna be 6 now! Cant believe it! :D

15. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

Thanks Hun. Yeah just think its going to be a good few days before shes able to have the kids back.

hahaaha...getting such a tiddler has made me feel old :( Gone from showing St.bernards, Gsd's, Roughs running round the rings to walking 2 10" dogs with a stick and soon too follow a lickle Dolly with legs measuring 2 1/2" >>>>>>*sigh* ........those were the days LOL

Wow thats going to be a great celebration party :thumbup1:

16. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I have a Shih Tzu she have just turned 10 years old, she is such a mummy girls, she is in my signature on the end.

17. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear you've been having a rough time of things Debs but glad to hear your daughter is ok.
    On a brighter note i can tell you,life begins at 50,i know i've been there.;):D:D

18. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

Thanks Janice. :)

;) I'm waiting with baited breathe :D

19. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Hope your daughters on mend :( puppy is gorgeous:D 50 is new 30 or so i was told ;)

20. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Life is all about the ups and downs isnt it??
    Hopefully your daughters headache was just a one off. But Dolly is adorable, she looks like a little toy!!:D Getting over the depression of a big birthday with a puppy is def the way to go.. (its why Im actually looking forward to my 40th, puppy power!;))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice