Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why would someone.......

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kelly2774, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Kelly2774

Kelly2774 PetForums Member

rehome a dog then nearly 2 years later ask to buy the dog back :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

Change of circumstances?

3. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

Only want a dog when it suits them?

Pretty selfish IMO - even if it is a change of circumstances, they are only condsidering their own needs, not that of the dog that will be settled into it's new home after two years and won't benefit from more disruption.

I'm afraid it's part of this easy come, easy go world we live in.

PS - is it one you have rehomed - if so I wouldn't give them the time of day

4. Kelly2774

the guy we got roxy our lab off has not long text me asking to buy her back as he not with his girlfriend anymore

5. PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth

PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth PetForums Member

grrrr tell him to do one, shes YOURS now xxxx

6. cherry

cherry PetForums Member

Tell him to go and find a new girlfriend! Cheeky git:mad:

7. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Is it possible he has heard she is pregnant?
    Lol! def go get new girlfriend !!

8. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

Well, IMO - that's tough. She's settled into her new home and he chose his girlfriend over his dog. What's to stop him getting a new girlfriend who doesn't like dogs and the poor thing is rehomed yet again.

Definately a no for me. You won't be able to stop him getting a new pup, but perhaps if you explain the reasons why he may take dog ownership a little more seriously in the future.

PS - Is this the bitch that is pregnant? Ethically, I don't believe in breeding from dogs that have been rescued on principle, but more importantly, do you have her kc registration papers and is she hip scored and eye tested?

9. Kelly2774

yes she's the one thats having pup. We got her when she was 4 months old :) and yes she has been hip/eye scored and she is also kc reg'd

also i only posted this to get it out my system not to talk about my dog being pregnant

10. Kelly2774

not that im aware off as its only close friends and family that no, and no-one i no, knows him

11. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

Ps - I would definately tell him to get lost by the way. You're her owner now, you werent fostering or a long term kennel.

He obviously has no idea whats best for the dog.

(My initial response didnt include this because I had assumed you meant he had given her to a rescue, dont know why I thought that seeing as you said "rehomed"... Need coffee!)

12. Kelly2774

haha thats ok, its a sunday after all :)

13. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

He let her go at 4 months :eek: In other words just after he had got her.

I'd do one of two things (depending on my mood ;) ) -

a) go and tell him to sling his hook - he got rid of her pretty quickly, so clearly doesn't have the commitment to have a dog.

or

b) Explain nicely that she is well settled into her new home and has grown up in this home (a couple of months with her previous owner will be long forgotten by her), and it would not be fair to uproot her. You also have concerns that she may need to be rehomed in the future if his circumstances change again as he gave her up so easily. You could then nicely suggest that he makes sure he has the lifetime commitment towards a dog if he decides to get another one.

But to be honest, if he only had it a couple of months, and that was two years ago, he won't have bonded with her, so IMO he's just trying his luck, and yes, maybe he's heard she's expecting puppies. (I'm assuming he signed the kc change of ownership form and she's now in your name)

14. Kelly2774

yeh the change over of ownership was all done :D im not aware he knows thats she's pregnant as its only close friends and family that no and no-one i no, knows him

15. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

Well, he's got nothing on you then, so I'd tell him to sling his hook ;)

Sorry, I assumed you rescued her as an adult dog rather than getting her as a puppy.

PS - just out of interest, does her breeder know that you have her now as I know I'd be really upset if one of my pups was rehomed without my knowledge. If not, the breeder may appreciate a contact, just to let her know you have her and she is well.

16. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

You said you werent posting to discuss her pregnancy..
    Sorry,i didnt mean to bring up the pregnancy in that way!! i just meant,some people are nutters,that he may have heard! appologies if that was taken in any other way than intended.:)

#16 Bearpaw, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  17. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I'd tell him to get effed, its your dog now. Its a living thing that has grown with you how dare he even ask for her back. What a ******.

18. ploddingon

ploddingon PetForums Senior

To be honest I would ignore his text altogether and not get into any dialogue with him. It only gives him an opportunity to try to cajole or coerce you and there is nothing to be gained because you obviously would never let him have her back.

I dont know if I am just very suspicious but I would keep a close eye on your Roxy just in case he decides to take things into his own hands. It seems strange to me that after so long he still has kept your contact details etc, and a strange request to make - I assume he has not kept in touch with you about her welfare?

19. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

hmm my worrys exactly :rolleyes:

20. Kelly2774

nope this is the 1st contact ive had off him, but my new phone arrives tomorrow so he wont have anymore contact off me. Also we met up with him to collect roxy so he doesnt no where we stay :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice