Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why oh why?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JordanRose, Nov 10, 2012.

1. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

Are fireworks so readily available?

It's only the idiots that get them in the end- they're still being thrown here, there and everywhere, and some numpties have just set fire to the paper recycling bin (we have communal bins, but that's another rant altogether! :eek: ), which is very close to our back yard. My poor bunnies are out there, and it's driving me up the wall!! :(

They started chucking them at 2pm this afternoon. Honestly, what is the point?! :incazzato:

2. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Same here...more fireworks tonight than there were on the 5th. People must have more money than sense.

3. blossom21

blossom21 PetForums Senior

Here too and its now the 11th, I think they need to bring in a law about the B****y things.Bramble barked but not as crazy as the 3 nights on a trot where he went mental. :angry: My guinea pigs live outside,but we checked on them and they seem fine.But then they are buried deep into their hay happily munching away.

4. JordanRose

The idiots are widespread then, by the sounds of it :rolleyes:

They're dangerous round here, I've had a couple thrown at me because apparently it's hilarious watching people ducking and diving to avoid horrific burns :mad:

Let's hope they run out soon- God knows how many they buy given the relentless hours that they light them :thumbdown:

5. JordanRose

I hope they die down for Bramble and the guineas! My bunnies are fine, too, but I was panicking when the bin at the back of us set on fire. Wouldn't take much to burn the rabbit shed down :( Doesn't even bear thinking about :cryin:

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

It's the same here it's a bl**dy nightmare, that many bangs, last week Dillon was fine tonight his a vervous wreck the noise is that loud you can't think.

7. Kirkland

Kirkland PetForums Member

I don't get why they are so easily available especially since they can be dangerous to the user and your average person walking down the street. They should only allow the sales of fireworks to those who have applied in advance to the council to use them on a set day and in the right way.

May be a pain in the butt going through the council but at least then those who are going to be reckless with them may be put off!

8. RabbitMonster

RabbitMonster Banned

Around this time of year kids used to lob fireworks at you as you walked into school. One poor 11 year old got 2nd degree burns and the lads that did it weren't even excluded, they were just given a long suspension :mad:

9. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

We had more fireworks set off here last night too, they were so loud and close the house actually rattled :(

The public shouldn't be able to buy them full stop IMO, organised displays only should be the only ones allowed.
    It seems that people use any stupid excuse to burn money and scare the local wildlife and pet population :mad5:

10. seanmac

seanmac PetForums Senior

we had our last event yesteday so thats it for the year, living in Sussex certain events are tradition and have been around hundreds of years.

I do believe all fireworks should only be done at organised events there dangerous and people dont know how to use them correctly

11. HoneyFern

HoneyFern PetForums VIP

A shop opposite my mum's house was sold after being there for 30 years and was replaced by a fireworks shop. There's 3 pubs within minutes so people have been walking out the pub and into the firework shop, which is open late, then letting them off then and there. Also doesn't help there's a small green across the road with a sandpit (stupid idea if you ask me - used as a toilet by local animals :rolleyes: but that's another rant), so they're drunk, easy access to fireworks they wouldn't have bought otherwise and there's a launch pit :rolleyes: . My parents dogs and cats have been going spare!

12. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Last night was worst than the 5th three doors up they have been setting them off most nights and they are those loud big bang ones.If they do it tonight I will be giving them a knock at 4am tomorrow when I go to work,last night they finally stopped at 1am:mad:

13. seanmac

seanmac PetForums Senior

the issue with last night first weekend isnt it from fireworks night

14. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Sorry don't understand :confused:I don't think people should have to put up with fireworks that are made to use at demonstrations not in small back gardens,last weekend I covered my aviary and left lights on so birds would be OK this morning I have gone down to find 4 dead birds owing to last nights fireworks:mad:

15. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

I'm still having them in dribs and drabs here!
    Molly was really uptight at first, but she seems to have calmed down the last few days.
    There annoying me more than anything! Blooming noisy things!

16. seanmac

seanmac PetForums Senior

whats not to understand its the first weekend since bonfire night, clearly there are going to be shows on.

I do agree though that people shouldnt be allowed them in there gardens.

17. JordanRose

I'm so sorry to hear this, Sue :( Sleep well, little ones xX

Sounds like everyone's having the same problem- I can only assume they're being sold cheaply now that bonfire night's over. There'll be deals on for them, I would have thought- that's all we need! :thumbdown:

I'm glad I'm not the only one totally against recreational fireworks, I also think they should be limited to organised shows, where there are health and safety precautions being followed. They're just WAY too risky and dangerous!!

18. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

Same here last night they seem to have got louder as the week as progressed.

19. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

The knobs will ruin it for the many!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice