Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why oh Why ???????????

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Sorry Rant

Why do some owners let their dog toilet where they like, it annoys when people let their dog wee on gardens and on plants. A friend lets her girl wee on peoples front lawns and when I mentioned it to her say laughed and it's only a wee it wont do any harm :rolleyes: no just kill someone's lawn.

I never let Amber walk on anyone's front garden, and it's the same now with Dillon he never walks on gardens and he's only allowed to lift his leg on street lights, walls or fences and never up someone's plants, lawn or car, as for anything else he does that in the gutter which is easy for me to pick up.

Rant over.

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Totally agree Happy Paws; hate dog poo everywhere and to me it is plain bad manners to let your dog wee on peoples' gardens, plants and cars apart from that time that Kilo weed up the postie's van as we chatted :eek::eek:.

3. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

I agree with you, on a pavement walk Tink isn't allowed on anyone's grass garden, drive etc

There is a woman who allows her BC on a flexi to run 5 metres into my drive to pee on my car tyre. I've seen it twice now (from my kitchen window)and if I see it a third time I shall be dropping whatever i'm doing and going out there to have words.

4. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

I have to agree, I don't let Duke soil on other people's gardens. I wouldn't like it.

5. troublestrouble

troublestrouble PetForums Senior

i shrink in horror at Trouble having a wee on the pavement let alone on someones garden, goodness me!

6. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

A friend of mine lets her dog pee up anything:rolleyes: including car wheels, really embarasses me.

I have never let any of my dogs pee up cars, on gardens etc:eek:

Wouldnt like it on my property so dont let mine do it:D

7. Honey Bee

Honey Bee PetForums VIP

Definitely agree and wouldn't let her do it on someones garden ever. Have these people thought that people do touch their plants or weed and do other things, or they may have children who could roll on the grass even at the front of the house. :mad:

I think it is totally inconsiderate but it is one reason why we put an 8 foot hedge round our open plan front garden.

8. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Can I just say that my dogs do wee on peoples edges of garden - but only because we walk right by them and there is little verge separating the garden to the road...- we live on a country road and a lot of the gardens don't have fencing or anything so Louie will tiddle on the grass at the edge.. I sorry!! I do try not to let him, but I can't stop it all the time, I don't let him wee up bins or gate posts though.. the lampost outside one persons house I cannot help.. and they do their poo's at the lake..

Am I forgiven?

9. Pupcakes

Pupcakes Lady of The Terrors.

Delilah!

Sorry couldn't resist :eek:

10. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

There is someone near me with a large mastiff...he lets it wee up my front door...(which is near the path, not up a drive, but still). I once tried to catch them on my doorstep by opening the door...but opened the door so the wee dripped off it onto my doormat, in my house as the man and dog trotted away!!
    Naomi

11. sianrees1979

sianrees1979 PetForums VIP

totally agree with you, i never let lex go pee on someone else's front garden or on their cars (i wouldn't like it so i don't let my dogs do it) i do let him pee on lamp posts, walls etc also if he goes poop i pick it up straight away, even though i have a bad back i always find a way of picking it up, the same goes with the dachshunds :)

12. missP

missP PetForums Senior

theres a motorbike near me that gets chained to a lamp post, it now has a cover on it saying 'please dont let your dog wee on me'.
    the owners must have seen the very large chain covered in black neoprene wrapped round the lamp post and still allowed their dogs to wee on it.

not nice for the bike owner to be touching.

13. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I would be mortified if my dog peed on someone's property! :eek:

Once when he was off lead he went to pee on someone's wheelie bin! :eek: I exclaimed at him and he moved on but I would hate it if someone's dog peed up my wheelie bin or on my garden etc.

Someone's dog stopped for a poo right outside our gate, they did pick up thank god BUT it was a runny one and its almost a week later but hard frost and little rain it is still there :lol:

When I used to walk my mums neighbours collie he insisted in peeing on everyones flower tubs (where mum lives a LOT of people have a large tub with flowers or a small shrub either side their front door) the first time he did it there was a woman standing not far away! :eek:
    I solved it by walking reeaaally quickly with him and getting him excited to move on, til we got to somewhere he Was allowed to pee he soon learned to hold it until a 'designated' pee spot :lol:

14. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

In one of our old houses, there was a man who used to walk past every morning and evening with his 2 dogs. And every morning and evening they would cock their legs up against our low garden wall. Disgusting. My OH ended up having a word with him about it and he used the excuse 'I can't stop them p*ssing, can I" :rolleyes:

I don't particularly have the same problem with bitches; although Florence was once sick on the edge of someone's drive :eek: that was very embarrassing :eek:

15. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

My neighbours dog pees on my car tyres and wheelie bins. Can't say I'm overly bothered as mine return the favour.

Its wee. It washes off??

16. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

I've always done my best not to let mine pee up peoples fences, cars, bins etc but there have been occasions where it's happened :eek: I tend not to allow stopping to sniff or mark on leash though, they can do all that sort of thing on the field. Or in Ruperts case in specific places when released to do so. I HATE stopping and starting when trying to get somewhere.

17. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

I never let my lot pee on other peoples property i hate it when i'm at flyball shows when people let there dog pee up my van and even worse the awningnI usually have to wash the bottom of the awning before i can put it away it makes me so mad

18. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I know what you mean! I was once taking down my trailer tent at an agility show and an off lead dog came and peed on it. The show rules are ON lead unless you're competing or in the exercise area. The owner was miles away!

I don't let my dogs go onto people's property and do their business.

19. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

LOL

I must b a terrible person!

Doesn't even occur to me!

20. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Me neither to be fair. Poo is one thing, I will always pick that up, but wee....

I mean I don't let them run into the middle of someone's lawn and wee, or on their drives etc, but if we are walking down the road and they cock their leg on a gate post or hedge, I don't drag them away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice