Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why oh why do people not think...

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Chance, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

...that a dog is for life: Just read this on another forum:

Beautiful 12 week old Beagapoo puppy (beagle/poodle designer cross) apricot in colour for sale. $350 cost us $800.

Mostly house trained with only the odd accident indoors when he gets excited.....or desperate!!
    Fully vaccinated and wormed/flead and has up to date vet check 2 weeks ago.

Selling with bed, toys, bowls, weeks supply of food, collar and lead and shampoo. Will also include 6 month supply of worming and fleaing treatment.

We are selling him as I have decided to go back to work and he would have to be alone in the house all day. He is a lovely dog with a loving personality, he is exceptionally good with my 2 toddlers. He loves long walks and watching tv!
    He will make a wonderful addition to your family

2. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Because people buy puppies on a whim :( they don't think ahead. ( i know this first hand....my boyfriend at the time did this) Also once the novelty has worn off they want 'rid' :( unfortunately this is reality now :( :mad:

And ''unless he is excited.......or desperate'' :eek: don't these people let him out enough? Poor pup :(

Badger's Mum likes this.
  3. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

yes seems to be happening more and more, could not believe the amount of older pups adverts on another site i looked at earlier, soo sad:(

4. davehyde

davehyde Banned

i wish i had a large enough piece of land i would take in as many as i could.

5. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Yep it is. Its a sad fact that people will buy a cute puppy then when they are 'finished' with him/her or can't bothered to do the hard work (after all a lot of people seem to think that puppies just ''know'' to toilet outside, ''know'' not too do this or that etc) or even 'gets fed up with the pup being naughty' they advertise and a lot are 'first come first served' :(:mad: or they think the rescuses and shelters will pick the peices up.

6. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Yep me too!! :D

7. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

and me, the breeder i had my dog from, has recently had 3 returned to her aged 4, and she also has 4 of her own, so bit of a busy house for her at the moment, i am soo tempted to have one, but dont think hubby will let me. and i think Bracken is now enjoying the peace and quiet.

8. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Oooh i would be very tempted too :D x

9. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

The dog is only 12 weeks old and I can't believe they have only had the dog 4 weeks (maximum) and yet already

We are selling him as I have decided to go back to work and he would have to be alone in the house all day. He is a lovely dog with a loving personality, he is exceptionally good with my 2 toddlers. He loves long walks and watching tv!
    He will make a wonderful addition to your family

Why are they not just more honest and say "I messed up getting a dog and want help"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

If they got the pup on a whim without thinking carefully and researching, then condemnation would be appropriate. But we don't know the full circumstances. Maybe the seller has to go back to work to avoid being put out on the streets with her 2 toddlers. Perhaps her partner has run off with his secretary. Possibly she finds the responsibility of owning the dog too much on top of the kids and the best thing for the dog is to rehome him as quickly as possible rather than leave him alone all day. At his age he should settle quickly. Really though, the pup should go back to the breeder (assuming it wasn't a farmed one) who would find it a more suitable family.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice