Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why offer - so annoyed!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by peppapug, Jul 3, 2009.

1. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

i am ranting as i have to keep a polite head on elsewhere!

My parents knew i was going to have a predicament when my girl pug came in to season as i have her son. They offered to have him stay with them for the duration of the season.

Well, she came into season yesterday and they now "have to think about if they can do it"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in an area where i don't have my friends or breeder nearby so the only other option is kennelling (that has to be expensive for 3 weeks, not to mention horrible for the little chap)

Why can't people just do what they say they are going to do?!?! Now what :cursing:

2. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

its horrible when people let you down!! maybe you could keep them in seperate rooms?

3. Dundee

Dundee Banned

What about a home boarder rather than kennelling?

4. Whree are you hun? perhaps a trusted member on here might be able to help you out?

5. peppapug

They both come to work with me in our open plan office and i just couldnt take the risk of a 5 minute slip up. I have a 6 year old son too!

Also, being pugs, they both have to follow me or they are frantic so it jsut wouldnt work them being seperate in the same building.

Dundee also made a point about if he is around her season and gets the idea it will create the behaviour change. At the moment he isnt in the slightest bit interested in his mum, nor has he tried to hump anything! He is just coming up to 6 months old. I don't want to castrate him if i don't have to so want to take him away from the situation.

6. peppapug

I am in Swindon, Wiltshire.

I have text my dog walker this morning to see if she would consider. Just waiting for a reply.

7. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Good luck, I know what it's like. Barney came back to me as my friend's puppy is now sick and now i'm trying to find somewhere else to put him and it seems I may not have found a place for bear after all. I have been keeping barney in a crate although he's not interested, I am not risking it and i'm lucky bear has no interest in even sniffing maya letalone anything else but still keeping my eye on him.

Good luck, it's a pain I know

8. Dundee

Dundee Banned

Springerhusky - weren't you going to get Maya spayed after the last 'accident'?

Peppapug - your dog walker would be a good idea as he will already know her. It may also be worth enquiring with a local trainer (a lot of them also do walking/sitting or know someone who does)
    Welcome to APDT - Association of Pet Dog Trainers UK

Good luck

9. SpringerHusky

You mean tryed to, bloody dog is driving me crazy.

She was meant to be spayed in May, guess what? she was coming into season so took her to the vets and managed to have an injection and re-book her date for july 2nd, well again guess what? she came into season while I was in southampton. I'm on full alert, barney's in his crate and not coming out except when Maya's not about. My mum is also on full alert after the experience of puppies ruining her homes and now she's just started to get it fixed up and my brother has been threatened to follow the rules or be kicked out on his ass into the streets and his stuff sold to pay for the mismate jab.

My mum has also said if it somehow happens again she will pay for the mismate jab and I pay her back, but currently i'm asking everyone I know if they can take atleast barney.

10. peppapug

I also have my feelers out with my sister in law who may take him as she can take him into her work. He is very well behaved as used to work life.

Just waiting for replies..........i know it's only 8.30am but i need to get this sorted, come on people, reply!!!!

Besides Percy, Mum is looking really sad and she needs some lovin and time to sulk away from her son.

Out of interest, how soon after this season can she be spayed? She had two phantom pregnancies with milk after her first two seasons. Percy will love it if he finds the milk bar open for business again, he checks regularly!!!

11. Dundee

Dundee Banned

Well I assume that if you have the money for her to be spayed you'd have enough to pay for a mismate!

You still have Bear? and you say you are lucky as he is showing no interest? He is her son isn't he? He should not even be there - given how easily 'accidents' seem to happen with you - you cannot trust that he shows no interest in her.

#11 Dundee, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  12. Dundee

Dundee Banned

Peppapug - sorry to go off topic, but am quite alarmed by the situation Springerhusky is in again!

With regards to spaying, the ideal time is midway between seasons - so three months after. If she has phantoms they will have to wait until they have cleared up. I would use galastop rather than wait for them to subside.

13. SpringerHusky

Dundee-I'll pm ya so we don't hog up peppa's topic ;)

14. peppapug

Hey don't worry about me! You carry on. I think i have my rant out of my system........although still no replies. I will call them all at 10am if i havent heard and put some pressure on my parents, blimey, its not like they work!

15. peppapug

Just a quick update. My pet carer has agreed to have my boy for 3 weeks from tomorrow. I am really hoping this will be long enough. it will only be £8 a day so fairly reasonable too.

Then, by jove, i get a call from my parents saying "i hear you booked the pet carer, we could of had him". I told them i was sorted!!!!!

16. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

oh glad you have him sorted, but how annoying that you spent time sorting this out and then for your parents to turn round and say they would have him!!

17. SpringerHusky

Congrats, I might have found a place for barney, she just needs to heck with her OH :) and aint that a kick in the head? you finally get something done and they say they could have had him :rolleyes:

18. peppapug

Yeh but sometimes it is better to pay for a reliable service and i know he will love it there.

Does 3 weeks sound long enough? It starts Monday and she started bleeding yesterday.

19. SpringerHusky

hmm arn't the seasons about 4-5 weeks? so 3 weeks might be a bit short, I think it depends on the dog Maya was in season last time for about 5/6 weeks :eek:hmy:

20. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

errrr nope most are 3 weeks . some go 28 days on their first season

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice