Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why my puppy won't eat or drink?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by vanessalane1, Apr 11, 2011.

1. vanessalane1

vanessalane1 PetForums Newbie

This morning, my puppy didnt eat his breakfast. Has not eaten all day. Has not eaten his dinner. For about 3 hrs, when I went to work, I put him in his cage. In case he threw up again, it wouldnt be all over.. I dont know why he threw up, it was just liquid that he threw up. I can only think I fed him too much last night. Should I be worried that he has not eaten or even drank very little today??

2. molly moo

molly moo PetForums Member

i would not worry about not eating for now , your puppy will eat when there hunger its more important that they drink and doesn't become dehydrate especially as the weather been warm. when molly got a upset stomach i leave her for a while as i know she wont eat then try her with chicken and rice . am sure so one else will come up with some better help x

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

How old is your puppy?
    Young puppies dehydrate very quickly and with the weather being so warm if he doesn't drink I would ring the vet for advice.

4. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

Pups can get upset tummys just like the rest of us and not fancy eating for a day

You MUST make a conscious effort to get your puppy to drink. Try getting your pup to eat some icecubes, or float a few in their water as when they try to get them out they'll have to lap up some water in the process.

If symptoms continue get them to the vet straight away

5. Ridgielover

Ridgielover PetForums Senior

If your puppy is young, then yes, you should be really worried and should contact the vet immediately. Puppies can go downhill very quickly. Even if it was an adult dog, if it was being sick and not eating and, more importantly, not drinking, I would take it in to see the vet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice