Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

why me ???

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by JennieJet, Aug 9, 2009.

1. JennieJet

JennieJet PetForums Member

I have a 21 week old black lab girl puppy and she has some very strange behaviour.....whenever we go out with her to different places and I sit down etc she will "attack" me..... if i take her to a relatives house and i sit down for a chat my puppy will go for me...biting me very hard and constantly..she will draw blood...if i managed to keep my hands / arms out of reach she will go for my legs...!!! We went for a long walk today and we sat on a bench for a drink and the same happened again...kept biting me and "attacking" me ( playfulish..not nasty)..she barks as well so loud and it only happens to me..not my husband and thankfully not the kids......It happend everytime we go somewhere and I dont know why and it upsets me as I am covered in scratches etc and i actually dont want to take her places now......I am the one who is at home with her all the time and she is never like this at home..any ideas on what / why she is doing this and how I can stop it please ? I do try to ignore her and walk away or to put her in another room...please help anyone ???

2. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Hi maybe its her thinking she is not the center of attention,what happens if you just get up and carry on walking? whats she like with water?maybe get a spray bottle and spray her with water when shes doing it,one of my dogs used to bark at me if i was sitting on the sofa,i would get up and go into the kitchen,if when i sat back down he did it again i removed him to the kitchen,
    Good luck hope its sorted for you soon

3. HighPr00

HighPr00 Banned

How do you react when she "attacks" you?

I would hazard a guess that you are somehow reinforcing the behaviour by the way you react.

4. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

You need to get this sorted as soon as possible! You don't want her doing this as a grown up! Do you take her to training classes? If you don't maybe look into doing it.
    Good luck
    x

5. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

how old was she when this started. have you ever tried yelping or shouting aw really loud and jumping up. it might startle her and making her awair she has hurt you.

6. JennieJet

JennieJet PetForums Member

I have tried ignoring her but she hurts me far too much so I will walk away and leave the room or put her in a different room until she has calmed down....this weird behaviour lasts for about 10 mins when we are in someones house. Today when we were outside I just walked away as she made me bleed.......she loves water so squirting her with some I dont think would make any difference. I have tried saying no etc but has no effect..she doesnt go to classes as we dont have any round here I am afraid......any advice would be much appreciated please ??? thanks xx

7. HighPr00

HighPr00 Banned

8. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

Chance was similar to what you describe when she was young. Her teeth were SOOOOOO sharp it was very painful. She targeted me as well and rarely bit anyone else.

Someone posted a link to "The bite stops here" (worth searching for) and it helped me out. She does occasionally still get over excited (she's now 16 months) and start to bite me but she now responds to me saying NO and I make her sit. Once she is calm again, I give her some attention and she usually roles over.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice