UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been for our nightly jog with the boys, now chance is muzzled 100% of the time if we are out in the dark.

When i see anyone coming i reel the boys in and hold chance by his collar and make him sit. During the day he will now normally ignore people, but at night he's a different dog, snarling, barking and baring teeth.

Now some clever bloke thought i know i'll go towards the clearly unhappy dog and grab his head for a fuss on passing? :cursing: i mean why, and then have the cheek to tut at me when chance tries to snap at your hand. I mean i can't get anymore out of the way.

I can't win, as if chance didn't have his muzzle on and bit him i'd be the bad guy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Youre not alone ,,, my boys are very defensive and protective of me at night( in the dark)..
I remember one woman who saw me shorten their leads and pull them tight to me as she approached but then she went past she waved her umbrella in thier faces and screeched 'are they safe'? at the top of her voice.

Of course they kicked off because as I tried to explain to her, a dog cannot tell the difference beteween a furled umbrella in the hands of an idiot and a stick in the hands of an attacker.

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Not much to say about that really apart from :mad2::mad2::mad2:.

The man is probably one of those who strokes dogs despite owners saying "Please ignore him" as he has dogs and "All dogs love him". I was on the fields the other day and met a man with a nice springer spaniel. He went to stroke Kilo and I said "Please just ignore him, he needs time to get to know you" but he still dived for his head - so Kilo ducked away. Man's next course of action? Kneeling down to put his arms around Kilo to try and hug him even though I said "He doesn't like strangers" very loudly :rolleyes:. I extracted Kilo and let him off the lead quickly before he could be tormented any more - each time he ran past the man to get to me or just playing with the other dogs the man lunged to try and stroke him so Kilo just ended up giving him a wide berth.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I do wonder about people sometimes..

yesterday on the way back from our walk I had to make a quick stop at the shop so left Horace in the car (locked but with a gap at his window). I was two minutes but when I got back this stranger was at the window, had managed to get her arm in and was patting him on the head!??

Surely common sense tells you never to stick your hand in a car window to stroke a strange dog! Or approach a dog who has clearly been moved aside to allow you to pass or when you have been asked not to...

·
Registered
758 Posts
Now some clever bloke thought i know i'll go towards the clearly unhappy dog and grab his head for a fuss on passing? :cursing:
she went past she waved her umbrella in thier faces and screeched 'are they safe'? at the top of her voice. Of course they kicked off because as I tried to explain to her, a dog cannot tell the difference beteween a furled umbrella in the hands of an idiot and a stick in the hands of an attacker.
He went to stroke Kilo and I said "Please just ignore him, he needs time to get to know you" but he still dived for his head - so Kilo ducked away. Man's next course of action? Kneeling down to put his arms around Kilo to try and hug him even though I said "He doesn't like strangers" very loudly :rolleyes:. I extracted Kilo and let him off the lead quickly before he could be tormented any more - each time he ran past the man to get to me or just playing with the other dogs the man lunged to try and stroke him so Kilo just ended up giving him a wide berth.
left Horace in the car (locked but with a gap at his window). I was two minutes but when I got back this stranger was at the window, had managed to get her arm in and was patting him on the head!?? Surely common sense tells you never to stick your hand in a car window to stroke a strange dog! Or approach a dog who has clearly been moved aside to allow you to pass or when you have been asked not to...
Sadly these people will be the first to kick off if they or someone they know is attacked by some 'devil dog' because these dogs just snap with out warning :rolleyes: everyone knows that :sosp: :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.