Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

why is puppy doing this?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mindymoo, Aug 15, 2009.

1. mindymoo

mindymoo PetForums Member

My JRT puppy (7wks) is heaven but just recently she has started chewing and digging and ripping at my carpet, is there any reson she is doing this??

Any way i can stop her??

2. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

She may be bored..Are you giving her enough attension!
    Next time you find her doing that replace what ever she is chewing with a toy and reward her for playing with the toy instead..Just generally make playing with a toy a fun time for her

3. mindymoo

Yep we have been playing with her as much as possible (just try and stop us) we give her toys when she chews us or the carpet but she keeps going back :(

4. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

try something more interesting then i wud try something more mentally stimulating.... If want some ideas just ask

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

The carpet digging is probably far more exciting and rewarding than anything you are offereing her.

Is she food orientated at all?

6. mindymoo

I have been playing with her rope toys and teching her basic commands but if you guys can give me more ideas they are welcome

7. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

ok wot we started off with Kyamwas we wud get the cardboard tube out of a toilet roll and put a treat in the middle and stuff the ends with news paper and leave her to get them out then we put a treat in the middle of each piece of paper to make more smells in diff places as she pulls them out as she got better we stuffed it tighter. Also put some treats in a shoe box and let her figure it out... U cud also put the 2 ideas together...

Hope these quick ideas help they are simple but Kya loves them

8. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

they are good ideas i think i will try them with barney

9. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

well let me know how it goes and if u need any ideas just ask i am always thinking of new one and if not their are plenty of peps on here that know all the tricks lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice