Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why is my dog doing this

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by archielee, Jul 28, 2009.

1. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

my girl is acting a bit weird, she is going around and around and them going to lay down and then gets up, will do the same 5 or 6 times like she is in pain or something she is panting a lot but it is not hot as all of the other dog are not, do you think she is coming into season, advice please

2. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Umm most bitches do that when mated at about 6/7 weeks pregnant! Or if its a phantom she would act the same..

Never heard of a bitch doing this before coming into season thats really odd..I would nip to the vets if you think she is in pain because imo this isnt right!

Best of luck..
    kerry

3. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

I think she was doing this a mouth or so before her last season, and she was doing is about 3 mouths ago to did go to the vets and they said she was ok, it did stress her out going to the vet, she is siting on bed with her eyes closed wanting to lay down but will not

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Honestly it doesnt sound right to me but i am not there to see her..and you know you dogs better than anyone else could!
    If you dont want to stress her out by going down to the vets maybe its worth a quick phone call for abit of advice and see what they say! Bless her!

Best of luck and lets us know if anything else happens!
    kerry

5. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Ok will do, thanks for the advice

6. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

my staffy behaves like this when she gets stressed,
    she is scared of thunder and gets very badly stressed with it :(,
    normally one of us goes and sits on the sofa and she sits with us untill she calms down,

7. Molly's Mum

Molly's Mum PetForums VIP

I have to agree with the other post, it sounds like either stress or a reaction to pain, best to get her checked

8. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

My dog goes round in circles,panting and wont lay down for long when he is stressed,

9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

I agree it could be due to stress..But whats worrying is that she seems in pain! and what is she stressed about OP has given no idiaction that the dog is bothered by something!

10. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

I have reported the post ;) Its these weird people thay have nothing better to do :eek:ut:

11. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

I did take Lyla to the vet, vet said she may be coming into season so not to stress her out will not do any think as yet and see how she gos 2night and 2morrow, she is sitting on the dog bed with her eyes closed fulling asleep but will not lay down

12. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

aw bless her!.Thank you for letting us know..Im quite shocked actually i have never heard that before so i have learnt something new today!! thanks :D:D
    kerry xx

13. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

I'm not happy my baby is not happy just hope she will settle 2night

14. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Was wondering... when was she last in season? does she have a discharge at all, asking because bitches sometimes start with pyometra with those symptoms, dont want to worry you but keep a close eye on her.

15. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Just hope it is her coming into season and not something bad

16. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

no discharge at all what can it be

17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Maybe she is just like us and have pains when on and coming into her seasons like we do with periods :eek:

Just a thought but im sure they must get some sort of pain!! Try not to worry and just keep and eye on her if no improvment take her back to the vets!!

18. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Hope she is better asap. xxx

19. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

sorry forgot to say last season was at the end of December

20. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Hope she is ok hun x x
    Keep a very close eye on her as if there is a possiblilty it is something like pyo it will knock her off her feet very very fast.

take care
    Sarah

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice