Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why is it so darn hard............

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Acacia86, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Hi everyone,

Sorry about this thread! But for those that have children that visit their dads each week................why is it so so hard :( :(

My daughter was with her dad Friday and Saturday night, but now there tonight and tommorrow too :(
    He works shifts so can only see her these 2 nights this week. But its so soon after last time. I hate her not being here.
    I feel bad thinking like that but i can't help it. I just miss her so so much.

I am so tempted sometimes to try to get back together with him (i know i wouldn't because its not right too do that) just so i don't have these lonely nights. But we were together 5 years and have been broke up for over 2. I couldn't take anymore. But on these occasions i just want her back!!!

Sorry guys! Just needed to share my woes! ;)
    xx

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Poor you - it must be hard her not being there.
    Just think though it's good for her to see her dad and it gives you a chance to focus on yourself.
    Give yourself a good pampering.
    It's never easy when a couple break up and there are kids involved.
    Chin up, she'll be home soon enough and you can have a real girly day.

3. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

she will be home soon if she is anything like my eldest you will be happy of the peace lol, use the time to do things that you want to do,:D so lucky to have an ex that actually spends time with their kids, i hardly ever saw my dad, he was always to busy in the pub :eek:

4. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

I think you need one of these..

[​IMG]

She'll be back before you know it & you'll have fun catching up with her when she comes home.

As Fleur says, pamper yourself & crack open a bottle of something to pass the time.

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Aw hun :( It must be so hard x

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I wish my son's dad would take a bit more responsibility sometimes!
    Just sometimes when I get tired. But he lives SO far away.
    SOmetimes I get jelous of thse kids who can see there dads every weekend, but I think I would miss my son!
    He goes to his grannys every 2 months for a long weekend or a week, and I get a chance to go out, have fun, and relax.

I know you miss her when she is at her dads, but try not to let it bug you because she may pick up on that and it might affect the relationship they have. It is really good that he still sees her, alot of dad's dont. And getting back together just for her sake is alos a really bad idea, it will only end up worse for you all.

Use the time to have some you time, and plan something special for you for when she comes home :)

xx

7. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Thank you guys xx

I do try to have a good day(s) when she isn't here but sometimes i go to talk to her and she isn't there :(

It is hard, vey hard, but recently he has been able to see why i did what i did, and we joined forces to give her the best life possible.

It has been a long and very difficult road but i hope we have got there.

I really appreciate your replies
    xx

8. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

I know how you feel x
    My youngest spends Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with me one week then on the same week I pick him up on Saturday and he stays until the next Thursday - it breaks my heart when he is not here and is with his dad, but at the end of the day my little one loves his dad so much and I couldn't keep him here just for me as it wouldn't be fair even though I want to so badly x x keep smiling hun and know that you are a wonderful mum x x x x

9. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Aww i feel for you and your son. I guess thats another goos reason i live here!! Its only tiny so no-one is ever that far really.

I don't ever let it show because like you say it would affect her. The last thing i would want.

He does see her every week now. But it took me months of literally begging him when we first broke up :( and then my atttitude was ''i don't give a to*s if you want to, but our daughter will be seeing you!''

I do use the time to do things like having later night extra walks with my dog, sleep in with him for an extra hour! lol!! Oh and i won't forget having a a few glasses of wine!! ;)

xxx

10. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Thank you xx

It is so very hard! But like you i really do apreciate that her and her dad spends quality time together, they a very good bond. I have always tried to enforce it (in both of them lol!) because i was raised just by my dad from 4 years old when my gorgeous mum passed away. I just didn't want Lexie growing up with one parent if i could help it lol!!

xxx

Changes likes this.
  11. kristy

kristy PetForums Member

im sure you miss her but at least her dad is wanting to see her, my oldest daughter used to go to see her dad every weekend,since having another baby hes lost interest in my daughter whos now 11 years old so knows whats going on, i even offered to give him the csa money back if he would just see her:rolleyes: now shes lucky if she gets a visit once every few weeks.it guts me when she asks why she cant go to her dads and seems to think its me whos stopping her:(
    i was always close to me dad even when my mum and dad split up and miss him so much now hes not here so try and keep that bond between my daughter and her dad but some people just dont care :cursing:

12. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Oh thats sad :( i can easily see why you are so angry and upset by it all. xx

Its funny you should mention about giving the money back..................i gave my daughters dad half of the money he gave her for maintenance, even after it went through courts. He took it no problem. It would into my bank account (it had to by order) but then i would withdraw it and give him half.

I am just glad its ok now. But feel for you :(
    xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice