Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why does she do this?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by BessieDog, Nov 16, 2012.

1. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Have just taken Bess on a 45 minute walk. We've only done this route 4 times. We walk country roads and alongside fields, and then, at the furthest point from home, across a small village playing field.

Every single time we've done this route she has pooed right in the middle of the playing field. Not in the fields where I could 'stick and flick' into the ditch, but in the middle of the mown grass where obviously I have to pick it up.

Now I wouldn't mind so much if there was a dog bin at the playing field, but no. The nearest is half a mile away!

Why, oh why, does she always go there? :eek:

2. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Must be a ginger thing....Hannah always waits til I have past the last poo bin on the way home before squatting!:rolleyes: Then I either have to go all the way back or take a bag of poop home with me.:thumbdown:

3. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

Rupert used to do it whenever we were as far away from a bin as we ever got on a walk. Drove me mad!

4. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Dont we just love the places our dog choose to go,lol lol , can i ask about your comment "stick and flick"? does this mean you get a stick and flick the dogs mess into the undergrowth? as i have seen others do this, and had to explain to them that i often walk my dogs with my grandchildren and in so many places have had to stop them playing chase etc with each other while i walk the dogs as there seems so much dog mess being dumped and not picked up.

5. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I mean the ditches round the fields where no one is going to go. Full of brambles and nettles. Definitely not where any child would go!

6. SammyJo

SammyJo PetForums VIP

My Goldie never ever goes whilst out on a walk, she has always preferred the back garden when she gets home.

We promoted my dad to 'Pooper Scooper' haha :D

7. ChuckC

ChuckC PetForums Newbie

Dogs are creatures of habit. The first time was probably random, but she liked the place so much she's fixed on it. If there's an appropriate place shortly before you get there, you might try stopping and getting her running and jumping for a few minutes. The increased activity may stimulate her to "go" in the more appropriate spot.

8. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Think she is having a laugh at your expense. :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice