Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why do people do it?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Clodge, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Clodge

Clodge PetForums Member

Just seen an advert for someone selling their dog as 'their daughter has lost interest'. I know we've had threads on this before but why do they get them in the first place?

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

My mum said she let me have mine for a peaceful life but i havnt lost interest

3. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

It's terrible but some people just see dogs and other pets as possessions that they can do whatever they want with. Hopefully the dog will find a loving new forever home.

4. Colsy

Colsy Banned

On a whim grr,the thing is they are not bloody toys.
    I found a rabbit in my garden found out it was next doors,they didn't want it anymore cos it urinated in the house.
    So i took him in and gave him a new home.
    Next week they week and bought another rabbit.:mad::mad:

5. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

its ridiculous,

My mum thought i would loose interest but noo way

she planned to keep cass anyway though

if we get an animal we get it for life

6. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

exactly, we've all heard of the saying "A dogs for life, Not just for Christmas!" I wish people would remember this!!! :cursing:

7. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

They get the dogs because they are just too bone idle to entertain their kids themselves and the dog is there so the kids have got something to do while the parents are ignoring them... they shouldn't have kids let alone dogs. :cursing:

8. davehyde

davehyde Banned

maybe they are teaching the kid a lesson.

they seem to be naming and shaming as anyone who enquires will know the kids attitude.

i would of made up a better reason myself to be honest, so maybe the kid will think twice next time.

then again maybe shaza is right lol.

9. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Because they all think pups are cute and they're not wrong. However they dont bother to either research the dog they get or dont bother to do anything with it once it gets past the cute little puppy stage and then realise they made a mistake. :cursing: I would like to say these people would probably find a hamster too much bother let alone a dog.

10. Deerhounder

Deerhounder PetForums Senior

We live in a "throw away" society and most people seem to have an "I want it now" mentality.

You walk past a pet show window and see all the cute little puppies and kittens and bunnies. Child wants one. Initially mother says no. Child persists. Mother gives in. The pet shop is anxious to make a sale. Mother hands over credit card and they walk out of the shop with puppy and all sorts of expensive extras. Simple.

When the novelty wears off you dispose of the live toy and buy something else. When interest fades you dispose of that as well. Isn't that what lifes all about? I guess it is for some people. :sad:

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

It's like a man with a new toy. As soon as the excitement wears off they move onto the next thing (sorry men :p) :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice