Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why do I even look?!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SpringerHusky, Jul 18, 2009.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I'm truly disgusted with some of the adverts i've found.

german shepherd x staffy pup 10 weeks pld plymouth Plymouth pets for sale adoption cats dogs birds
    I saw the advert for this litter some time back and now within the lats few weeks, I have seen the third puppy in it's new home looking for another, first was didn't suit their lifestyle, second was found out she was pregnant and now these can't cope. It's disgusting :mad:

swap puppy for 60gb ps3 plymouth Plymouth pets for sale adoption cats dogs birds
    WTF?! :cursing: this must be a joke.

edit;

sorry I found the breeder kepty a pup back and is now selling that one too

stafsatian puppy best boy for sale plymouth Plymouth pets for sale adoption cats dogs birds
    I swear i'm going to write an email as long as 2 peoples arms, i'm furious and this person. It's bad enough the mother was the staff, poor girl and I believe she had 8 pups also, it's sickening.

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Swap a puppy for a PS3? Thats got to be a windup, surely no-one is that callous and pig ignorant?

3. minizoo

minizoo PetForums Junior

far too many people take pups on without realising what a big commitment it is. i know someone who got a big breed pup and after a few weeks decided to stop feeding him so that he wouldnt poo in the house!

4. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

No, I imagine they're deadly serious.

5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Nope i bet there deadly serious too!
    Not so long ago on here i remember a member putting a link on of some one asking to swap there JRT puppy for a DS games thingy!
    and im sure another member actually did it and got the puppy!!

6. Snoringbear

We've got dozens of PS3's here at work, I'll have to see if I can find a duff one. He never specified it had to work :)

7. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

unbelieveable, snoring bear that sounds a good idea LOL. I am feeling a little sad, had to pick up a 9 week old GSD today (he was adorable) to take to a rescue, not sure about full story, apparently the husband had left and the lady could not cope, but needed him going today because she was going to Brighton!!, luckier have heard that he already has a new home arranged, hopefully this one will be the right one for him.

8. ebonymooncats

ebonymooncats PetForums Junior

I saw an advert afew weeks back - someone had a staffie pup and wanted to swap him for a ped to travel to work on??

9. iibao

iibao PetForums Junior

Happens all the time.

10. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Sadly i think its very true they live in a crappy area of plymouth and they swap thier grandma for a packet of fags there so a puppy isnt anything to them

Snoring dogs You havnt got any ps3 drives have you lol Oh's has died and we're trying to find a new drive for it :D dont want to swap it for a puppy tho hes mine to keep :p

11. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

This exactly why I dont look!:mad:

12. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

I saw an ad a while back- someone was selling pups (think was GSD or Staff pups) or would do a swap for a female Bengal. Wonder what they were planning for her?! :mad:
    And I recently saw a 6-8 week staff for sale and the ad stated she was no good with other animals. How the hell can a pup so young already be against other animals???
    The other bad thing about the various online pet ads is the amount of staffs being sold so cheaply (young adults) it worries me and keeps me awake how many are going to be used for fighting? :( :( :(

13. clueless

clueless Banned

14. PatterdaleKath

PatterdaleKath PetForums Newbie

I don't understand some people IHHO if you get a pet its forever (as long as the pet lives) if you have a child you don't get rid of it because it doesnt fit in with your lifestyle! :confused:

I dont think you should breed pups unless you are sure of good forever homes for them, and you dont get a pup unless you are willing to supply the same. I dont care what happens in my life I would never get rid of my pets, their wellbeing is a decideing factor in my life decisions, as much as my chilrens would be if I had them. They are family.

I work in a pet shop and see on a daily basis the huge variation in peoples attitudes towards their pets. An 85 year old woman came in yesterday for puppy things, and although I felt for her I was thinking what on earth are you doing with a puppy that is almost certain to outlive you? Whats going to happen to it afterwards? Why not get an older rescue dog you have some chance of outliving? She had to ask where the door was on the way out, its directly opposite to the counter! What are the puppy sellers thinking, I would never let a puppy go to a home I suspected would not be forever!

15. Snoringbear

Sorry, no, try ebay :)

16. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I hate seeing adverts for dogs/puppies like that.

I remember when we were homing the rotti, because she was just too big and boistrous with Dixie who was just little, and some bimbo caled up and asked if we would swap for a staff x mastiff, saying she never had enough time to walk it so she wanted a different dog!
    I told her no way, and that a rotti would need as much exercise, and did she know that large breeds like that not getting enough exercise become problem dogs.

I have seen ads for large dogs saying they do not have time to exercise but will swap for a collie too!

x

17. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

18. lozza84

lozza84 PetForums VIP

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

19. taffydragon

taffydragon PetForums Junior

i rescued on of these so called stafsatians. the mother had to have a c section and nearly died, she tried asking me if i wanted to buy her for £20 aswell as she couldn't breed from her anymore!!! i reported her straight away. this was last year. i have since found a home for the one i rescued. i have rescued countless dogs and fostered lots in the plymouth area. it's a big problem down here

20. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

I had a pugalier off a relative of oh and she was being fed dried food all the time to stop her pooing in the garden:confused1: She was a second choice pup so was'nt really wanted. She was and is paranoid about everything. The first time she had a proper poo she screamed like someone was beating her it was upsetting to watch and hear :( My brother has her now as he can give her more time than me :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice