Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

WHY do i care? :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kerrybramble, May 9, 2010.

1. kerrybramble

kerrybramble PetForums VIP

#1 kerrybramble, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Haley likes this.
  2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

You're not being stupid he sounds like a very selfish man :(

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

No you are not been stupid, you are hurting and feel rejected that is a normal reaction. He needs to be told that what he did was wrong and hurt you. From his side of things he may be full of regret and not know how to make amends so is doing the best he can (for a bloke :rolleyes: ) to make up for it by having you in his life now. You should forgive him and start again with him, life is too short for grudges mate xx :)

4. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Have you emailed him your thoughts... I can understand you being annoyed..

5. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

:( you're not being stupid at all. sounds like my grandad too although he has never bothered to actually meet me! :mad: I say its his loss but if i had a chance at salvaging some kind of a relationship with him i think i would have done but been extremely cautious about it.

6. kelseye

kelseye Banned

chick if i was you i would take it like a pinch of salt;)

my grandad my dads dad also i saw him about 3 times in 24 years he died last year and i went to his funeral. but never knew him as a person what he likes what hes done with his life.
    but at the end of the day it did not bother me that he was not around but my dads side of the family including my dad dont realy bother with me lol and i carnt be bothered with them to be fair.

sorry to say but what your grandad is doing is sick and im surprised you are bothered about him atall :)

7. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I haven't heard from my irish granddad for over 6 years since my nan divorced him for several reasons:rolleyes:

He hasn't been bothered to stay in touch with anybody in my family and lives in his own appartment watching horse racing and drinking all day:(

It's a little disturbing that your granddad has married a 25 yo, but the women in Thailand only do it to save themselves from poverty and your granddad, im sorry to say, sounds like a right jerk and I too am suprised why you bother about with him :eek:

It's not about blood, I'd have my step dad rather than my real a**hole of a dad anyday:)

8. kerrybramble

I did email him saying--- well you had 2 grand-daughters here you never bothered with, what makes her so different?

and he just replied saying that he didnt see us as his ex wife didnt let him-- but he split up with her

and just said, oh maybe we shouldnt keep talking if it's upsetting you.

its just weird knowing that it take him to be half way around the world to decide he wants anythin 2 do with me-- knowing full well i will never see him again! he could die and I would never know!

9. kerrybramble

Yea id much rather have my grandad than him, thats why im so confused to find that i'm having feelings over this??

like I said, why do I care?

10. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

it is possible he couldnt see you mate, my stepdad couldnt see his kids and they are older and hate him now but I know he tried so hard, but was unable to fight financially or emotionally anymore, my best mate also couldnt see his kids so dont underestimate the nastiness of a female scorned, you may not have known about it but it is bound to have happened. :( If he wants you in his life now then he is trying to change things, people make mistakes but we all deserve to be forgiven. :)

11. czenios

czenios PetForums Junior

:thumbup::thumbup:

12. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I guess you are a bit annoyed that he has no loyalty towards you or your family even though you hate him

Maybe jelous that his new daughter is getting the love that you were denied? You may hate his guts but you do get ex boyfriends who hate their ex girlfriends but still show jelousy when they get a new boyfriend

Has he emailed you since you said that?

13. Haley

Haley PetForums Member

Ah hun. I kind of understand your situation. I feel for you as it's like a principle issue, I don't mean to call him but HE doesn't have any.

I am a lucky girl who has 2 dads but I don't have anything to do with my biological father. It's such a shame, he is a nice enough man but I was raised by my stepdad and love him to bits, it's hard when you are kids and trying to please 2 people without hurting the other. My mum and stepdad encouraged me to see him but I felt that he was not really that bothered and whilst I was at his house, he was getting himself ready to go and meet his new lady - who turned out to be a complete b***. To cut a very long story short I ended my relationship with him 2 years ago cos it was too much hassle and I got sick of her snidy comments about my mum etc. He just used to sit there and let her say what she wanted to me.

Following my decision to not have him in my life anymore (which he never argued against), my brother seemed very rattled by this and I (not him) got the lecture - "Life's too short, sort it out with him" - WHY, what will change. My answer to my brother was "life's too short, that's exactly why I don't want him in it". His wife surely got what she wanted, me out his life for what reason, I will never know.

I am over it now but there is obviously more to my story, like how her son was treated by him (royalty), they didn't even invite me and my brother to their wedding but her son went. Shocking isn't it. I have always felt angry and like I said it was a principle thing for me, feel for you x

14. kerrybramble

see i dont have that problem, my dad will never commit to any woman lol! I have forgiven him in a way- my sister won't even email him, oh i dunno just need to let him get on with it, i havent emailed back about the baby yet, just deciding what exactly to put

15. Haley

Haley PetForums Member

It's not an easy, straight forward situation to be in.

Tough call. I think you would the better person if you wished him well. x

16. kerrybramble

have just done so- but also stating that I think it is weird- seeing as he is like 66!

also asked for some photos of his new family- to show some interest but I doubt i will get any

17. Haley

Haley PetForums Member

That is really brave, well done. It must have been hard to do it.

Hope you feel a little better x

18. kerrybramble

I do a bit, feel better having talked it through! thanks guys x

19. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

66 and with a 25yo! That's wrong:mad:

You prob will get a few pics, he might wanna gloat about how beautiful his new daughter is

Not fair on new daughter either if he aint gonna be around that long to be a good father figure

20. kerrybramble

that's what I thought! oh well his mess! hehehehe men aye!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice