UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I let Tilly out in the garden for a bit as she had been stuck in the house all weekend with the awful weather. Literally 5 minutes after I had done this, I looked out of the window to check on her and I couldn’t see her; I went out into the garden and checked the usual spots (usually sat patrolling under the lavender plant), called her name and she was gone! Spent half an hour walking up and down the street in my slippers shaking her dry food and calling her name in my high pitched ‘cat mum’ voice – I felt a right loon! Eventually, just as I had got the OH out of bed to go and look over some nearby walls for me (I’m only 5”1!) I heard this little meow in next doors front garden. I called her name again and out popped Tilly’s head from the hedge, her little face covered in bits of twig and leaf! The wall surrounding her was not high, she obviously managed it to get into the hedge but now was feeling too lazy to get out – I even had to pick her out and carry her home like a baby as she refused to climb out. And then, as soon as we got inside she bit me! They are ever so grateful aren’t they cats! So, she was in the bad books and I left for work without giving her her usual treats. Feel guilty now though and can’t wait to get home and give her some cuddles; I hate it when she goes missing like that, all I can do is worry what has happened to her – why do they do it to us, eh!?

·
Registered
192 Posts
lol my old cat Ginger Charlie used to do that-I would be calling him frantically, almost crying and he would be lying on the other side of the fence in some waste ground behind my bungalow too lazy to move :rolleyes: Either that or as I found out when I went to say bye to the neighbours when we moved he was going round theirs for the day!!!!!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Lol!! little madam eh :D
Glad you found her and she was OK
xx

·
Registered
827 Posts
Lazy Tilly he he he. Glad you found her in time for work. Little buggers - my Tigger's the same, when he's had enough of jumping up on the fence to get back into the house he just sits meaowing and I have to go and unlock two padlocks to get the backgate open :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.