Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why did my budgie die?

Discussion in 'Bird Health and Nutrition' started by TheSerpent, Oct 25, 2019.

1. TheSerpent

TheSerpent PetForums Newbie

Hey there. I am here for a heart breaking topic. My budgie was 3 years old when i got him a female mate. They were cold to each other in the cage because the new female didnt let the old male eat the food. (My english isnt good hope you understand me.) but i dont think because of the female, the male starved because i know that the budgies could only live without food for one day. Its been 10 days since they got together , so... I think he got depressed because he thought id love the new female more... Is it possible that the budgies die because of depression? Prior to his death, he only showed these symptoms: he wouldnt sing, he wouldnt bite my hand like he used to do, he limped and he died in seconds . it was so sudden. Did he die because he got cold? Did he die because he was old enough? His mate didnt die yet and the vet says "observe her for a couple of days" but i wont. Im planning to give her to someone else because every time i look at her, i remember the terrible aftermath of my late budgie.

Also if shes some sort of ill, can she pass it on to the humans? Because i kissed her once and i have a mild cough, accompanied by some sneezing. Maybe its psychological because im a health freak myself. But right now im FEELING depressed because that old budgie was my only friend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice