Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why did Bella wee on the bed??

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Emraa, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

Bella has the run of the house and sometimes likes to sleep in the peace and quiet of the spare room, she has a duvet on the spare bed and can curl up and sleep for hours. :)
    Today she went into the spare room and was makng a noise, I went in to find her 'digging up' the duvet and then proceeded to squat and wee on it! :eek: When I pulled the duvet off to wash I found there was a lot of wet, fresh wee patches scattered all over the place! Whay did she do this on her own bed?

She is 2 years old and was spayed a 7 months, surely this isn't a 'sexual' thing???

Help! :confused:

2. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

Didn't want to read and run - I have no idea about the behaviour you've described. Its odd at 2 years to start having accidents...theres no medical reason?

Hope you find someone more helpful than me on this

3. MissBexi

MissBexi PetForums VIP

That is an odd one.. Is she drinking more? I know that my pups did this when they were young, especially Bailey, he'd get overexcited and he's wee on the bed. Though it's never happened since.. Maybe it's a medical problem, maybe consult a vet.

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Keep an eye on her, if she continues to have accidents, might be an idea to get her checked out, she could possibly have a urinary tract infection.

Sometimes in spayed bitches they can get a bit of urinary incontinence and "leak" urine especially in their sleep, due to spinchter mechanism incompetance, its usually seen in older spayed bitches, but not totally unheard of in younger ones. If it did prove to be this, then there is medication you can give, the most common one is a few drops of syrup type medicine called propolin on their food.

A UTI would cause them to be caught short too though and not be able to hold it. So if it happens again I would get her checked just in case.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice