UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yogi only seems to do well on the lower end foods. When she was on Orijen her coat was in AWFUL condition - she was on it for 3 months, Acana - same problem, Fish4Dogs gave her gloopy eyes - on it for 2.5mths, JWB cereal free gave her gunky ears - on it for 4 months, Applaws caused hotsopts - just finishing up the bag now

When she was on Pro Plan everything was in good condition! same with Eukanuba, and Royal Canin :confused:

Why is this? Its not like we didnt give it enough time. Some people reckon that after a month you can tell if a food is going to be suitable or not.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My chocolate lab can only eat pro plan lamb and rice. Have tried her on everything in the 5 years we have had her but always go back to pro plan as everything else either upsets her stomach or makes her coat dull. :eek:

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Read the ingredients of each and see if you can work out what she`s reacting to. The problem with processed foods is that even tiny amounts of additives can trigger a response. Your dog could be reacting to the type of meat, to the grain or filler, or to to the additives.
If you are worried about her health if might be best if you make up her food yourself from fresh ingredients. That was you have no e-numbers and `derivatives`.

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
OP, I'm not sure about Pro Plan or Eukanuba, but Royal Canin contains cariogenic additives, so I would avoid that at all costs, but GoldenRetrieverMan has a very valid point about a potato intolerance. Maybe give Yogi a whirl on the regular rice based James Wellbeloved kibble, or one of the non-grain free Simpsons varieties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.