Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

WHY can't I???

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by DoubleTrouble, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Take pictures like some of you lot!
    Try as I like they never seem to be that good!
    This is the best I've managed yet! and its still nothing to write home about!:(

Attached Files:

2. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

I love the ear, I am the same i can never quite capture the moment, i have some expensive equipment (thanks to hubby:rolleyes:) and yet the pics still leave a bit to be desired.

3. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I'm useless at taking pictures too even when I do have a good camera

4. Ridgielover

Ridgielover PetForums Senior

Strangely enough, my photography seemed to get much better after my partner bought me a VERY nice camera for my combined Christmas and birthday present :D

5. Think I need lessons of Auriela!:D

6. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I know how you feel; another useless photographer here :eek: (I do like the pic that you posted though!).

7. I think my cameras pretty good for a compact digital - I am using a Samsung WB600

8. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

ahh the trick is to have the dog all preped and ready adn then have some nie treats or a bag of crisps and shake it above the damera and then click!
    than how i get these:

View attachment 62329

Ok so sometimes she does pose for me but thats Candy! x

9. wynnpot

wynnpot PetForums Junior

Erm.... probably because you're trying to take pictures of a weimy. Whenever I've tried, they've always come out as a blur of silver with two random yellow dots!

10. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I like that pic you posted, shows the character rather than just another pose, and I know you know what I mean. :p I've a fairly decent camera. Although I've never got it with me/ready for the right moment. :rolleyes: I think the trick is to have the setting on sports mode with rapid shot. That way out of maybe 10/20 quick fire shots you get one great one. When I take my camera out with me, out of maybe 50 shots I take only 10 maybe, are saved as anywhere near decent. :eek:

11. I think you could be right! I must have taken thounands over the years! None seem to be of the standard of others!

The one thing that dog has is bags and bags of character! she is a pure sweetheart, always wagging and doesn't have a nasty bone in her!

12. s4simo

s4simo PetForums Member

Its a Weimaraner! Until they stop bouncing off the walls (around 5years for us) you don't stand a chance :D
    face close up.jpg

13. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

ahh fancy cameras have a special setting in them that you can move it to so it TRACKS the subject if it moves it stays in focus! xx

14. OMG! there is another of us! how the heck did I miss you?:eek:
    How many do you have?

15. s4simo

s4simo PetForums Member

Just the one I'm afraid

16. Souris

Souris PetForums Senior

I use an iphone 4 for all my pictures, so I'm not sure if it's the camera, but...

For every 'good' picture I get, there's about fifteen that are naff. :) I just sit in front of Pixel, normally getting down to his level and keep clicking. Sooner or later you'll get a good shot: just take tons. The only real rule apart from taking loads upon loads upon loads is a good set of natural light.

Pixel will pose, but he only poses for a moment even for treats- oh, another hint my other half just said is to keep the camera out as much as possible. It'll be sods law that they're posing beautifully, and then by the time the camera is in their face they're off doing something else.

17. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Neither can I hun, OH bought me and him Nokia N8s because of the great cameras but my pix are always crap compared to his, and now I cant even blame it on having a different phone! :lol:

18. I have a pair! (I must be mad) The eldest is ten next month!
    I lost one is March 2008 - Misty was her name - and I still miss her.
    That picture were of the pupster! Milly is her name and she is three and a half!

19. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

Me neither I always cut off the top of the head or out of focus, or I just simply miss the shot!!

20. I think I have them lined up just great! then is the split second it takes the shutter to do whatever it does THEY MOVE!:eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice