Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Why can't I ever have a day?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by malibu, Jan 8, 2012.

1. malibu

malibu Guest

Where I don't feel like my heart is breaking :( it's been 4 months now since Gloworm was pts and it's not getting any easier, I still sleep with his picture under my pillow, still cry every night when I look at his picture, and still feel a big gaping hole in my life where he should be :( sorry for the downer thread, I have noone else to talk to :(

2. EllesBelles

EllesBelles PetForums Senior

My dog was put to sleep two years ago, at Christmas (which is also my OHs birthday)

It hurts like hell. I can well up at anything, but I can now also enjoy the memories of him and how amazing he was.

He was cremated and I have his ashes in my room, in his favourite spot in the window. His collar is there too, and a packet of his favourite treats. It helps, I think.

It does get easier...you'll never forget, but it does get easier.

All the best x

3. flev

flev PetForums Member

I'm so sorry to hear you're finding it so tough at present. I have no wise words, just an assurance that others understand where you're at, and a hug if you're up accepting one.

4. paul maine coon

paul maine coon PetForums Senior

I'm sorry for your loss , I miss my childhood cat Tiger, my mum got him when i was 7 and he was pts when i was 27 . he was part of are small family and he was always there to greet when i came home from work . it does get easier and i always look back now and smile when i think of him and all the love he gave :-D Gloworm was lucky to have someone who loved him as much as you did.

5. ever expanding

ever expanding PetForums Senior

xxxx sending you hugs

6. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

It's only been 4 months. Really, that's not terribly long. It will get easier, I promise.

I probably would have been the same way about Pippin if we hadn't moved about a month after he died. Getting out of the familiar setting I'm sure helped a bit. I know I was a wreck for the longest time over Freja and Kirby, and I still get teary thinking that she died all alone at the hospital, that I wasn't there for her--and it's been more than a year.

So, hang in there and love the kitties you have now. Gloworm wouldn't want you to be so sad all of the time. That's why he sent you new babies to love and care for. Of course you'll never forget him and none of them take his place, but he'll always be in your heart.

Big hugs from all of us over the pond

7. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

HUGS!! x..........

8. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

Last year I lost my 16 year old terrier in July and my (only) 10 year old cat in December. Whilst we have our new cats and I love them dearly, I still mourn my Henry and my Thomas terribly and frequently burst into tears.

Sorry I can't reassure you, but we have to grieve, just know that there are people that understand what you are going through and can provide support.

((Hugs))

9. AlfiesArk

AlfiesArk PetForums VIP

Don't worry Hun... it will get easier. He knew he was loved greatly and will be at Rainbow bridge keeping an eye on you. Nothing wrong with a good cry and you know you have all of us here thinking of you and sending you hugs xxx

10. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Aw Malibu I'm so sorry you're still hurting so much, I totally get where you're coming from, I still get upset over what happened to Oscar and ge survived! Sending you massive (((hugs))) I really hope it gets easier for you soon xxx

11. raggie doll

raggie doll PetForums VIP

i have a weird approach to this when Bella (my fur baby of 18 years) died i couldn't look at her pic it hurt too much i couldn't even sleep in my room for a week just couldn't do it i brought the photos back out when i had dealt with it a little

12. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

The loss of a loved one is really difficult to get over, there is no time limit. Just take things easy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice