Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

why argue???

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by staceydawlz, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

i am really quite....well lets just say im angry ATM. why can a new person not post some threads for advice without being picked on??and new threads are being closed down because of all the carryon! it happend to me when i first came on here and iv seen many post since cant people just get along and stop arguin for once and also stop pickin on people its just stupid i really like this forum but im sure many would agree all this arguin is rediculious!! if people ask for advice just help and give advice in the nicest possible way!! its quite upsetting to see new people join and get picked on as im sure they would stick around if it was friendly advice if you know what i mean....anyone agree it should stop?
    i love this forum so please make some effort to get along!:(

dipdog likes this.
  2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I have no idea and I do try to be polite to people but it seems like some people come on here and post just to be rude and pick fights. I've been tempted to leave several times because of it.

3. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I agree, if people have taken the time and trouble to come on a pet forum site and ask for help then they are doing the best they know how for their pet, let's face it they could just dump the pet and get another instead of trying to get help and work problems out!!

Life is too short people to be horrible, let's all just be helpfull and get on!!

4. rona

rona Guest

I thought all this had settled down recently, but obviously not :(
    I haven't seen any myself though

5. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

I agree with you..most people come on here for help and advise for there pets but sometimes get greef for there troubles..:(

It is a really great place to be...:D

6. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Please don't Nicky, just ignore them types and they will soon get bored and clear off!! ;) ;) :wink5:

7. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

i do agree and i have heard the argument that these experts hear the same things time and time again and just get frustrated.
    My view on this is either find a way to give constructive feedback that doesnt alienate or don't comment and leave it to those that can do it in the right way. All that happens is people leave without the information and support that would benefit the dogs.

i would however like to say there is a worse forum, this one is actually very friendly :D

1 person likes this.
  8. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I'm not going to leave but I've been tempted to when it got to the point where every thread was turning into personal attacks and the PM mess. I thought it had settled down too but its gotten worse again.

9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

I dont see it as picking on someone i see it as a differnce of opinion..
    Of course people have to understand we are all animal lovers and feel strongly about them..so sometimes things do get abit heated! But i have seen new members be just as bad as the old ones ;) How long you have been apart of the forum for means nothing!!

If you cant have a healthy debate these days what can you do!!

10. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

I totally agree with you, im kind of a newbie to this forum and ive really enjoyed this forum, but all this arguing just ruins the forum, people need to learn to get along....
    I saw one really recently today when a person DELIBRATELY picked a fight on one of the threads, and because of that, it got closed....

11. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Just ignore them, they really are not worth getting in a state over

In recent weeks this forum has become a much friendlier happier place its just the odd ones that come back to start stuff off....if we dont react they will soon get bored and go on their merry ways again :D:);)

Badger's Mum likes this.
  12. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

There's a difference between healthy debate and attacks as have happened quite frequently at times and old members can be as bad as new.

13. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Agreed. I don't get involved in 'controversial' threads, or rather those that turn into one. If I haven't got anything to say that I feel may benefit the thread then I don't say it.

14. staceydawlz

it never is a healthy debate tho it gets worse and nasty coments are thrown all over the place there is no need for a debate unless its something fun tht u can actually enjoy!

15. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

no, still going on, i was only looking at a thread the other day and thought people were being a little rude, i know that we all have opinions and things can get a bit heated on some threads, but lets try and all be kind to each other.:)

16. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

I agree with you

#16 suzy93074, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  17. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

That might have been my thoughts on breeding. If that is a reference to me (and I am not being arguementative or anything), then everybody is entitled to their opinion. I think sometimes people take things to personally, a debate is good and healthy.

I do agree that sometimes people do ask for advice and get a bit slated for it, it has happened to me. But I just give it back, but with a good arguement. :D

18. staceydawlz

i completely agree there are alot of far worse people out there like u said woud rather dump there dogs etc instead of seeking help..where as alot of people just come on here for help in a sticky or hard situation so help instead of making the situation worse or instead of tryin to make them feel bad...fi yi know what i mean:)

19. staceydawlz

but thats what i mean why giv it back instead just leave the thread stops all arguin and if its not helpin anyone why continue!! i really enjoy this site and would much rather all the fightin stoped!!:)

20. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

No it wasnt that thread, it was early this moring! Things that arent argumentitive, they are valid opinions, but people who delibrately do it, and dont have a valid oppinion, they are the ones that get slatted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice