Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Whose dog(s) only toilet on walks?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nellybelly, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

We do ahve a small garden, but Bella has decided it's not for doing her business in.

So apart from our 2 long off lead walks (morning and late afternoon) we go out at least 2 more times a day. We do a very very brief wee walk at lunch as it is too hot, and at night we do 10-15 minutes around the block.

More often than not we go somewhere (e.g. friend's house) where she comes along and is more than happy to toilet in stranger's gardens hehe...so she usually gets more opportunities to toilet apart from her (at least) 4 walks.

2. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Mine doesn't like toileting in the garden at all. Only a few exceptions

Hot weather now, we have a few paddling pools in the garden so hes in them a lot- He gets very excited by them and stays in them for ages- He wil jump out run somewhere in the garden for a longest wee ever and jump back in. When the pools aren't there he won't wee in the garden at all!!

He has only pooed in the garden a handful of times and that has been in the middle of the night when his Colitis has been flared up and he obviously didn't have much of a choice. By the time I have gotten dressed and come down poor boy has been.

I think a lot of it has to do with the garden now being patio as when he was younger as we had a much bigger garden that was grass he did his toilet in the garden quite a bit.

3. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

Phoenix will wee in the garden but not poo.

He will winge and winge until he has his morning walk, because he is desperate for a poo! :lol:

For his last night toilet break he has now started (as I have 2 other dogs) waiting for the others to go toilet by hiding in the bush, then once they have gone and I have ushered them into their beds. He will then go toilet! So I think he is getting toilet shy at night :confused1:

4. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

Mac hasn't done a poo in the garden for ages. He goes and sits at the back gate and glares at me until I take him out! lol! He geta walked after eating anyway and only goes after his food really so very rarely needs to go in the garden. However he has a tiny bladder it seems and wants out to pee quite often! He sits at the kitchen door and stares at us and that's how we know he wants out and he happily peed in the back garden UNTIL recently when we got the garden chairs etc out the shed and he now refuses to pee anywhere in the garden at all as he knows we have been sitting out there. He now wants to go to the grass beyond the gate for a pee! When I say go and pee he just sits there and looks at me refusing to go and will wait ages! When its raining he runs under the awning of the shed and waits for me to open the gate then runs out, does a pee and runs back in! He hates the rain - drags me about his walk when it rains and tries to take all the shortcuts home! lol!

Jackie99 you are luck yours gets out the pool to pee - Mac decided that was too much effort and was not happy when I made him get out the yellow water and stuck the hose on his legs! lol!

Laura :)

5. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Koda is exactly the opposite!!

He will only toilet in the garden, and not out on walks!

We can be out all day and he won't wee, but rushes to the garden as soon as we get home and creates a small pond!

6. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

That is so odd. Not sure if it's better or worse than not going in the garden...I ahve been out at 3 am in my pjs when Bella had the runs as she was just sitting at the agte clearly bursting to go, and as soon as we crossed the road she went.

7. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

lol!

My horse used to do this. She would do the toilet in the field or stable etc but never when being ridden! I wouldn't even have her saddle off and she's pee a big river and by the time the bridle was off there'd be a lovely big pile of poo to pick up. Nice! :rolleyes:

8. Bexy

Bexy PetForums Senior

Trigger was like this.

For the first couple of weeks of walks he would hold it in til we got back to the garden:D i think this because when toilet training him he was taught to go on in the garden so he thinks this is the only place he is allowed:)

We are now teaching him it is ok to go on walks and whilst he is happy to now poo on a walk he still isn't keen on weeing in public:confused:

9. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Mine toilet on walks and in the garden :D

Luna pees in the exact same spot twice a day everyday and because we're on a mountain the pee goes over the front paws :eek: :lol:

10. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

lol! Mac uses his front left paw as target practice when there's nothing to pee against! Lovely! :rolleyes:

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Great aren't they :scared:

It always makes me giggle. usually someone is walking behind us and their face is a picture :lol:

12. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Blaze will not poo on walks, he will wee but wees like a girl, hes 3 years old and will not cock his leg lol. Pip and Ziggy both do it in garden and walks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice