Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Who'd take your dogs?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by catz4m8z, Jan 24, 2012.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

had a discussion with my friend last night about what would happen to the dogs in the event anything would happen to me. This was the result...
    Hannah- friend would def take! In fact I should be careful not to sneeze in her presence coz she is mad about Hannie and would love to have her!!:D
    Adam- friend would take! Adam is abit bossy and can be a pain but she does like Adam and would look after him.
    Heidi- friend doesnt want!:( Would take (out of sense of obligation) but palm her off to her mother who lives with her! Heidi is very highly strung, jumpy, fidgety, and licks...everything....all. the. time.:blink: (ok, she can be hard to take but you couldnt ask for a dog to love you more:)).

So would someone take your dog/s??
    and would it be begrudgingly or gladly??

2. peds

peds PetForums Member

My girlfriend, obviously, but if we were to both shuffle off this mortal coil, Baldric would go and live with my parents and their Border Collies in England.

3. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Well I think I'm a bit stuck here...

I would like to think my parents would take Nikita but as she has pooped in their kitchen and tried to taste the cat every single time I've taken her there I'm not so sure :eek:

My sister would but her place is already like a zoo and I don't think she'd have many chickens left once Nikita is fully grown. :rolleyes:

My OH's mum is not an option, she already has a JRT that is getting very old and grumpy, can't stand Nikita's annoying, excitable puppyness already :(

My OH's sister is young and is out a lot, she already has a gorgeous dog of her own and doesn't spend enough time with him anyway :nonod:

It looks like one of you lovely forum members would have to give her a loving home instead! :p :D

4. troublestrouble

troublestrouble PetForums Senior

once my parents are retired they were take all the furbabies, well my sister might want whatever hamsters we had but until then who knows what would happen, we'll just have to look after ourselves just in case

5. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

My OH would do his best- but if he couldn't afford a dogwalker twice a day then my aunt would take on both. Kind of morbid but it needs thinking about, doesn't it.

6. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

I don't think either OH's or my own parents could cope with Tummel, OH's parents would just neglect him or give him away as they wouldn't want to have to pay for him(their poor elderly cocker is very neglected, fed crap(or cat food when they don't have enough money to go and get the crap food but have some cat food in), never walked, has never been trained, rarely let out to the toilet or given attention then yelled at for going indoors or being noisy)and my parents are complete opposites, my mum would spoil him rotten and he doesn't listen to her and my dad tries to be "pack leader" which Tummel throws back in his face constantly...he goes to him for a fuss but nothing else).

Luckily i know there's a few forum members i consider friends that would at least foster my special boy while finding a good home for him, this is assuming my OH has also died or can't cope with Tummel(he's not done any training, walking etc with Tummel and might find being flung into that situation difficult).

7. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

If I popped my clogs my oh would look after the pups of course, but it might actually be better if they were rehomed together if possible, I dont think they would cope well at all with mummy going, then the walks dropping drastically and being alone all day every day. My parents have the instruction that if anything ever happened to me to come on here and I would hope they would be guided the right way to go, and no all you people who have expressed a desire to steal Henrick you arent allowed to murder me, its frowned on in polite society :p.

8. Obzocky

Obzocky PetForums Member

My parents would. If they were still around.
    I want to say the sibling would, but she wouldn't. Couldn't in fact unless she moves off site and gets a nice landlord.
    The rest of the family would only take my dog(s) on if they were "pedigree" or in some way unusual, and to be honest even if something happened to me my dogs deserve more than being a show piece.
    I don't think i'd trust the majority of friends to take my dogs on. They say they would, and I believe they mean that, but when it comes to the crunch i'm not sure they'd be able to.

Looks like I need to find myself an OH with a large, pet loving family network. That or sort out some kind of agreement for them in my will. Need to get sorted on that actually.

9. Paula07

Paula07 PetForums VIP

My OH would look after my pair. I did ask my friend once if se would take Nick and she said if it was your last words then yes but i wouldnt offer lol. He is a pain in the butt sometimes:rolleyes: Tig.. not sure anyone would have him with his past history.:nonod:

10. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

No idea to be honest ! The person who has Enzo's dad and litter sister takes a lot of interest in him so i guess she might take Enzo, someone in the family might take Shelby on if they had to :eek:

11. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

My mother. Charlie and her love each other very much and she'd be happy to take him.

12. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

If anything happened to me my OH would want to keep her himself and we pretty much share her care 50:50 so he could cope ok. If anything happened to both of us then my parents would have her without hesitation. They both love her and have looked after her for me before but she would potentially become a handful as they spoil her rotten and are not firm with her at all :rolleyes:.

13. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Rehome one and put the other 2 to sleep probably

14. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

My daughter will take Pippi

I have an agreement with a friend to take Bizkit.

I have no one for Shannow so I need to ask my daughter. If she says no one of you guys would need to step up or I'll have to request she goes to lurcher link.

15. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

It is abit depressing to think about isnt it??:eek:

I think if my friend couldnt take them (she works long hours but 'rehomed' her mother when she was in need so has built in pet care!:D) then I would probably send them to the Little Dog Rescue. Adam could happily be rehomed on his own but Id want the 2 girls to go together, mainly coz I dont think Heidi would cope well on her own.:(

16. hutch6

hutch6 PetForums VIP

I die - my sister takes my dogs.

My sister dies - I take her kids.

Easy enough to remember.

17. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

My mum would most defintly, she's very attached to Maya :)

My husband may if my mum was not around but I can't be sure

Otherwise i'd ask for her to go to Malamute rescue so they could find the right home for her.

18. claireandandy

claireandandy PetForums Member

1st-my partner
    2nd-my son
    3rd my parents
    4th my grandparents
    5th my sister
    6th my auntie,

theres always some 1 within the family who knows the dog's who will take them in :) well in mine any way :) X

19. Autaven

Autaven PetForums Member

I think my partner and my parents would share the care of them. I'm not married or with children yet but have been with my boyfriend nearly 2 years and he loves the dogs to bits but I think my parents would be a bit upset if he was to keep them and vise versa. My partner could also continue their agility training (though my Dad is starting training tomorrow!) with them.

As long as they were happy, otherwise people would get seriously haunted!

20. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

My boyfriend is their dad - so they'd stay with him.

If anything happened to both of us, his parents would take them, or my cousin or my mum would take Ringo, but not Rosie as my mum is 72 and Rosie is a little bit too big for her to manage.

We have an arrangement with OH's parents, who have always had dogs and are currently in their mid-60's, that they'll keep on having dogs (they have a GSD and a Standard Schnauzer at the moment) and if they are ever unable to care for them because they became ill or something - they come straight to live with us, however many pets we have and whenever that is. So they can carry on having the dogs without ever having to think "what if".

Naomi

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice