UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who went today or who is going tomorrow? Hope you guys had a great time, I went with my dad it was brilliant we loved it we absolutely loved the shar peis and Manchester terrier and the breeders there were very very nice and answered all my questions. Can I ask you guys a cheeky question does anyone have any pictures we got so involved talking to the breeders we didn't get any pics :(

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I did, no pics though! The Manchesters were lovely weren't they? Thought it was really interesting to see which breeds were popular with the public, the French Bulldog, Dachshund, Pug, Great Dane and Newfoundland stands were incredibly busy!
Think my favourites had to be the Cardigan Welsh Corgis, hadn't seen one in person before and the lady I spoke to was lovely.

I met Lucky the Chihuahua from Top Dog Model! He and his owner were sitting in front of us at the main ring and he turned around to say hi to us - gorgeous little dog and so sweet-natured :001_wub:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I went today - spent too much money and met loads of lovely dogs. Spent most of my time on the malinois stand and with the whippets, Salukis and greyhounds. Also if anyone saw Flora on the akita stand, she belongs to friends of mine and we use to walk with them and their collies and their old boy Max all the time when we lived in Holloway.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're going tomorrow, we're helping on the SHCGB welfare stand :)
Oh wow that's great :) hope you have a great time :)

I did, no pics though! The Manchesters were lovely weren't they? Thought it was really interesting to see which breeds were popular with the public, the French Bulldog, Dachshund, Pug, Great Dane and Newfoundland stands were incredibly busy!
Think my favourites had to be the Cardigan Welsh Corgis, hadn't seen one in person before and the lady I spoke to was lovely.

I met Lucky the Chihuahua from Top Dog Model! He and his owner were sitting in front of us at the main ring and he turned around to say hi to us - gorgeous little dog and so sweet-natured :001_wub:
They weren't they? We have fallen for them and I had a cheeky look on champion and there's a litter like 10 minutes away from us....tempting lol it was very interesting too see what breeds were popular and which ones weren't, I love franchise but o worry that they have become more of a fashion item then a dog :( I loved the corgis too, they looked so relaxed all the time :)

We saw a few people I recognised from the dog tv world lol

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went today - spent too much money and met loads of lovely dogs. Spent most of my time on the malinois stand and with the whippets, Salukis and greyhounds. Also if anyone saw Flora on the akita stand, she belongs to friends of mine and we use to walk with them and their collies and their old boy Max all the time when we lived in Holloway.
Sorry I started to reply before you posted :( I spent hardly anything because I had no money lol but the crafts magazine goody bag was brilliant I got loads for £3! We defiantly went to the akita stand as my dad loves them so we probably saw hee :)

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
Hooray for the Manchester Terrier love! I would really like to volunteer for DD at Crufts with Mabel next year, but I don't feel like I am 'experienced' enough to answer peoples questions as she is our first Manchester, but she'd really love all the attention :)

Did any of you happen to find out which breeder it was on the MT stand?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I was there!!

Had my two girls on the basenji stand during the afternoon :D

Had a thoroughly enjoyable day and the girls loved it!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I went yesterday and spent an absolute fortune :D

I also popped along to watch my flyball team run (Buddy should have been running but still out of action :() and happened to get roped into box loading :eek: never been so scared :scared: :eek: :scared: my legs were shaking and everything :eek: :lol: so many people :lol:

Had a fab day though although bargains and freebies are not like they were a few years back :rolleyes:

Have fun today peeps :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Im gutted i missed it. My mum told me on thursday that she was going and ive not gone bcos noone i know wants to :(

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I went yesterday with OH and a friend, had a great time as always.

This years rotties were particularly lovely, the bitch was so affectionate we got lots of hugs and kisses. :001_wub: Even OH has got over his aversion to face licking lol. I could have smuggled her out, she was just beautiful.

My friend has shortlisted the Pharoh Hound and the Staffies as most likely to own - probably a rescue in either case (ie podenco). She also discovered a thing for the Entlebucher mountain dog, Mexican hairless, and Boston terrier.

OH also decided he likes the Aussie shepherd, though his heart is still with the rottweilers, at least for the next dog (or 6!).

No pics unfortunately - we were far too busy chatting and fussing :)

Watched a little bit of obedience stuff too - the little skippy was great to watch.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Im gutted i missed it. My mum told me on thursday that she was going and ive not gone bcos noone i know wants to :(
Oh noooooooo :(

You could have met me yesterday, would have been like an extra mini PF meet :p

To be honest I like going to places like that alone - easier to shop and watch what you want :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm glad everyone had a good time :) the spotties were lovely :) wish I'd gone today as well lol thanks LouiseH ill keep my eye out for a picture :) oooo I want a little Manchester terrier and shar pei sooo bad ol

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ive been talking to a breeder today about manchester terriers :) and theres acturaly 3 breeders within an hour of us! cant wait to go and see them :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.