Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Who wants to see George changing colour? (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Kammie, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Day after I got George I put photos in the "meet George" post, looking at his colour there and here he's getting lighter the older he gets but his nose, ears, feet and tail are still very dark.

So to start one of the pics from the "meet George" thread to compare to
    [​IMG]

Now a pic from Tuesday slightly lighter
    [​IMG]

And today's pics, a week after I got him and almost a completely new shade of grey.
    [​IMG]

Nom nom nom this tastes good
    [​IMG]

What would his colouring be called I'm not too good with that sort of thing?

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ummm grey.... no sorry wouldnt know the correct shade but hes totally gorg. xxx

3. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Hehe thats all I would say is grey but I'm tempted to say seal point as well. I know theres many names for the colours just curious if George is anything special or just plain old grey :p

4. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Its abit difficult to tell because looks like he's having a good moult! You'll have to wait until that dead coat its out, he's very cute! :)

5. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Thats the thing it doesn't look like he's moulting I know when the others moult theres fur everywhere and I get covered when I pick them up for a brush but with George hardly any fur comes off him. I can brush him and the brush will only have a few hairs in it, I don't have any on me when I've been holding him. Its just really odd how one day he's a dark grey the next he's starts going a silvery grey. Maybe someone swapped him for another bun.

6. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

lol, maybe rosie loves him so much shes keeping him very clean, Himalayan buns change colour with different temps so maybe its a bit like that

7. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

It may just be his coat, dreamer doesnt moult like my others, he goes really dark in patches and then goes back to the colour he was before, its great because he's the only one that doesnt cover me in fur everytime! :)

8. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

How can you find out the correct colour??

9. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

10. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

wow thats amazing for just one week, beautiful bunny though.

11. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

He's a lovely bunny - and his colour is known as Siamese sable, or just Sable for short.

12. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Ah thanks, I've not heard of that colour before thats why I was thinking alone the lines of seal point. Also wondering what he's bred from tempted to say English Lop cross with something because of the shape of his face and his ears are quite long compared to other lops I've had.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice