Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Who Takes Thier Pets Away With Them ? What Pets ? How Many? And Where ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by eieio, Feb 17, 2008.

1. eieio

eieio PetForums Member

Hi All happy Sunday morning ,and what a lovely crisp bright Sunday morning it is here in sunny (west midlands ). OK who takes their pets away with them on holidays (caravans and so on ) , how many pets ? what pets ? and where do you take them and why ? . and what is the strangest pet you have taken away with you that have caused people to pll funny faces at you for taking them hee hee .

ill start , we have 2 ferrets, 3 chickens, 2 dogs jack Russel's, and soon to have German shepherd too in 4 weeks :D. and we shall be taking them all to our static caravan in wales at the beach with us ever weekend beginning march :eek::D. i think the strangest for us would be the chickens . :rolleyes:.

look forward to hearing all your experiences ;).

2. minnie

minnie PetForums VIP

well i take my 3 dogs, the hamsters and the horse has come with us a few times aswel :eek:
    last year when we went camping the hamsters had a litter of pups at the time so all the kids on the campsite were in our tent 24/7 trying to see 'em:rolleyes:

3. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

We take our dogs to the seaside when the weather is nice and rent a caravan, They love it, Billiant sitting aound a fire in the evening time. :) My daughter allso takes em camping from time to time.

4. Maxwell's Owner

Maxwell's Owner PetForums Newbie

My parents and I took our dog to Wales where he was born and we went back to the place where he was born and we saw his breeder. He was also able to meet his mother again but they didnt really seem to recognise each other as she and the other Yorkies they had there were all barking at him and they kept trying to get at each other ;\ . She looked a lot like my Max but a miniature version of him with a different - looking tail, apparently his grandmother was big for a Yorkie like him but not quite as so.

5. becka_1994

becka_1994 PetForums Newbie

I have 2 gerbils which I take on holiday with me. We go caravaning and they love looking out the window at the wildlife. This year we are going to Isle of Wight, on the ferry and we are taking them there too.:)

6. tootsiesmum

tootsiesmum PetForums Member

We go camping and take Tootsie too :D we go for various weekends away in the summer and for a full 2 weeks normally down to the south west coast. I love camping and Tootsie is really good in the tent - its just the travelling there that she is a pain with :rolleyes:

7. leanne

leanne PetForums Member

if we go away anywere then the zac(the dog) comes with us but the rest of the animals stay at home and my big brother comes up everyday and feeds them :D

8. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

hi guys!

Last year, before the arrival of Laalie, we took our 2 other Viszlas on holiday with us. Took them further up North to Lossiemouth then on to Rosemakie, then down to outside inverness to the Moy Fair, and then finally a few days in Loch Morlich .. was on the road for about 17 days all together .. and the dgs loved it. We Just have a wee trailer tent thet we hook up behind the car and head north.
    This year thou , (as mentioned) we have the 3rd addition to the family, Laalie, and its a bit of a push to get 3 Vizzies, 2 kids, the wife and myself in the car, thats not to mention a shed load of camping gear, so we bit the bullet and brought ourselves an Ex- Police dog van ( the sorta thing they use to transport tracker dogs etc about in) Its got 6 built in cages in the back and enuff room in the front to hold a barn dance. So this year we are headed out again, into the big wide open, long walks, cooked breakfasts, BBQ's, and shed load of beer!
    Anyone wanna join us?

Regards
    Paul, Wendy, Bren, Liam, Haggis, Tatties, And Laalie!

9. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

i am going to take my 2 toy poodles to north wales on our holiday this year. i think it will be great. well i hope so, its a 6 hour journey from me. lol

10. Jo P

Jo P PetForums VIP

Sounds bloody fab!!!!!

We like to coarse fish so we go to various places that have lakes and either cottages or caravans. This year we are going back to a fab place in Devon - we are taking Benson with us as he is as near to perfect a dog as you can get - Nel is going into kennels cos its on a farm with chooks, ducks, rabbits and all sorts and he would make a few enemys with his chasing antics!!!! He loves the peeps who've got the kennels and has been going since he was 6 months old so I never worry about him going in - he's 3 now so maybe by the time he's 5 like Ben he'll have quietened down enough to come with us - doubt it tho he's a busy, on the go chappy - wouldnt change him for the world:):)

11. spellweaver

spellweaver Guest

We usually hire a cottage and take the dogs with us - and then spend most of the holiday doing a "Discover Dogs" as just about everyone we meet wants to know about the bergies! :p The cats usually go to a cattery near us.

12. spellweaver

spellweaver Guest

Sounds fabulous - my kind of holiday, that! I have fond memories of Loch Morlich - I spent a week at the Youth Hostel there waaayyy back - I was 16 and it was my first holiday without my parents and it was brilliant! And me, the OH and the dogs (not such a long time ago! :p ) spent a fortnight camping there - it rained every single day! :eek:

13. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

well a butt in gear and pop in with the Bob Marleys hun i'll let you know when, as soon as i know.
    You know you want to, i bet you can hear the Loch calling from there!!!

14. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

We've got two dogs. Not been on holiday since we got them (oldest one is two). I would like to take them away with me if we went to wales or somewhere. But i want to go abroad somewhere soon.

15. Selk67U2

Selk67U2 PetForums VIP

We've taken our dog with us when we've gone camping, though he did'nt really like it. He refused to eat or go to the loo:( We now have a lovely lady that comes to the house while we're away, she looked after the cats for us anyway, so is quite happy to see to the dog aswell. :)

16. jeanie

jeanie PetForums VIP

We take our dogs everywhere we go , for holidays we usually hire a camper van and move around the country , also visit my mum and sis in the North and park on her drive for a few day, the cats and tiel my daughter in law looks after for us.

17. griffpan

griffpan PetForums VIP

we've taken one or two of the dogs camping but not all three of them at the same time. probably wouldn't take em in a tent but would hire a caravan for em all :)

18. catzndogz

catzndogz PetForums Senior

hi we have 2 dogs who we take on holiday we've been to Deal in kent, scotland, cornwall. they love it finding new places to play also love the beach and having a swim in the sea. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice