UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a couple of MC breeders on here- whereabouts are you all?

This is by NO means a definite but I am seriously considering getting an MC kitten at some point next year. It would be nice to get one from a forum member but as I don't drive you can't be too far away.

Also, can you recommend any in Manchester? There are a couple on the MC Cat Club site, but I'm sure there'll be others, too...

Finally, please could you provide me with some info. about MC temperament and any health tests that kittens should have had? I like to research everything thoroughly beforehand and feel Spooks would need a cat that wasn't too demanding (he used to live with other Siamese and they stressed him out a lot :rolleyes:)

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
2,562 Posts

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
thankyou for a lovely post Luz.
i live along way from manchester and depending on the colour kittens you may have a long wait.
i have just had to close my waiting list until august next year.:)

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I know a lovely breeder in Manchester (my Maine Coon came from this breeder). PM me & I'll send you the details.

I THINK she has a cat at stud at the moment too as she doesn't always have kittens. :)

·
Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks
14,968 Posts
I know there are a couple of MC breeders on here- whereabouts are you all?

This is by NO means a definite but I am seriously considering getting an MC kitten at some point next year. It would be nice to get one from a forum member but as I don't drive you can't be too far away.

Also, can you recommend any in Manchester? There are a couple on the MC Cat Club site, but I'm sure there'll be others, too...

Finally, please could you provide me with some info. about MC temperament and any health tests that kittens should have had? I like to research everything thoroughly beforehand and feel Spooks would need a cat that wasn't too demanding (he used to live with other Siamese and they stressed him out a lot :rolleyes:)

Thank you! :)
I was going to start a similar thread :D sounds like a few of us have Coonie fever :D

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know a lovely breeder in Manchester (my Maine Coon came from this breeder). PM me & I'll send you the details.

I THINK she has a cat at stud at the moment too as she doesn't always have kittens. :)
Ooh, I'll PM you now! :D

thankyou for a lovely post Luz.
i live along way from manchester and depending on the colour kittens you may have a long wait.
i have just had to close my waiting list until august next year.:)
Everyone wants a catcoonz coonie! :D

How exciting Jordanrose!
Oh it's all happening on PF these days! :)
I've not put it to Mum yet so not a given at the moment however as it'll be my 21st in April and I'll be graduating in June I might be able to bring her round. A nice birthday/graduation gift :D

G

·
A birthday is ALWAYS a good reason :D

If I'm allowed one for my 28th, just imagine what I'll be allowed for my 30th which is actually a special birthday age!!!

I think I've increased my search from silver tabbies to include creams and basically any pale colour. At this rate I'm going to be up for any colour again!!!

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A birthday is ALWAYS a good reason :D

If I'm allowed one for my 28th, just imagine what I'll be allowed for my 30th which is actually a special birthday age!!!

I think I've increased my search from silver tabbies to include creams and basically any pale colour. At this rate I'm going to be up for any colour again!!!
I don't mind what colour at this point. I'd wait and see which one chooses me. I do have a soft spot for reds, though, and I love torties :001_wub:

Is there any recommended sex pairing for cats? Would I be better off with a male or female -considering I already have a male- or doesn't it really matter? (Sorry if this is a stupid question- I just know that a neutered male-female pair is the best in rabbits, I don't know if the same applies for cats :confused:)

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Well you know your current cat...

I'd say the boys are bigger softies than the girls are but the girls are soft too.

Oh & then there is size. Boys are very big whereas girls are pretty big. :D

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
I don't mind what colour at this point. I'd wait and see which one chooses me. I do have a soft spot for reds, though, and I love torties :001_wub:

Is there any recommended sex pairing for cats? Would I be better off with a male or female, or doesn't it really matter? (Sorry if this is a stupid question- I just know that a neutered male-female pair is the best in rabbits, I don't know if the same applies for cats :confused:)
Some people say male/female cats get on better, but I've found male/male is best. My current 2 are m/f and they get on usually but not always! I have found that 2 males often get on well :)

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
i would say it doesnt matter, the males obviously get bigger and are known as gentle giants, they are more needy like all male species, females are abit smaller but equally as loving but they are more independant.
i always think the kitten chooses their owners, have a look around, meet some kittens and see what happens.
obviously if you visit a litter of 6 beautiful babies who all choose you i am not responsible.;)

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i would say it doesnt matter, the males obviously get bigger and are known as gentle giants, they are more needy like all male species, females are abit smaller but equally as loving but they are more independant.
i always think the kitten chooses their owners, have a look around, meet some kittens and see what happens.
obviously if you visit a litter of 6 beautiful babies who all choose you i am not responsible.;)
Thank you! I'll probably go into it with no colour or sex preference and see who chooses me :) I never really wanted a Siamese but look what happened there, I was chosen and couldn't argue with fate :D

G

·
I was like that at the start, but then I realised I needed to try and narrow it down so I could actually choose breeders and litters to inquire about and go and meet them.

I haven't managed to sort out going to view any litters yet though, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Should I just outright ask to visit? Cos I've sort of been waiting for people to offer in their emails but they haven't been. Can someone who's done this before tell me how they managed to make their way?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.