Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Who is nice enough to help?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by harleigh, Jul 17, 2009.

1. harleigh

harleigh PetForums Member

I'm applying for some new jobs but my CV is a bit bare. You have the standard Hobbies and Interests bit but seriously...I do nothing! Lol.
    What can I write on my CV and covering letter to make them think, she's nice and a hard worker without seeming like I'm begging..

Job is a PRISON LAW CLERK. Really want to get into law working wise not just the academic bit I've been doing for the past 5 years.

All help gratefully received.

Love Em xx

2. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Would help you if my dad was awake, hes the master at CV's.... :D Sorry i couldnt help tho... :(

3. harleigh

Well the deadline is 31st July so if you can help at any point I will be eternally grateful :)

I should be in bed too...this is far too late for us old 23 year olds! Lol

4. Baby Bordie

Lol, o.k, if you post me a PM tomorrow to remind me, i will help you out! :D

harleigh likes this.
  5. harleigh

:):):) At work till half 9 so may be a late pm.
    A rep on its way to you

6. Baby Bordie

Dont worry, ill be up... :D
    Thanks, i would leave you one, but ive been too generous, and i cant give anymore for 24 hours! :(

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

For a clerk you probably need experience in microsoft word/excel etc.

Help with your CV This website really helped me when I rewrote my CV :)

8. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

I'm not bad at making something out of nothing, lol! I used to be a recruitment manager & do family cv's/job applications & help staff out with promotion stuff - as long as they've done the basics & given me something to work with, lol!! Have you had any previous jobs, even part time? Ever do any voluntary work or where you involved in any groups at school/uni you could bring some stuff out from? You need things that can illustrate your skills - you must be computer literate to be on the forum - how much can you do/anything you've done on it to show off your skills? If you've had any other jobs, use that to say what you were responsible for etc. Happy to look over something for you if you want me to. :)

9. harleigh

Thank you :) Well I've done all the law courses going, degree masters and one that costs £10k for one year which you need to do if you want to be a solicitor!:eek:
    I know computers inside out so thats ok.
    I did have a mentor at the college of law who suggested a short profile at the top of my cv but dunnoh what to put to make it different from the typical im hardworking, on time blah blah blah.
    Would like to send u my cv at some point to see if u think it read wells and its seriously presented. Dont really have anyone to show it to so with someone like you dealing with stuff like this it would be a great insight :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice